Senior Accountant (Fixed Assets)
Company: Lyondell Chemical Company
Posted on: February 16, 2020
LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) is one of the world's largest plastics,
chemical and refining companies and a member of the S&P 500.
LyondellBasell()manufactures products at 55 sites in 17 countries.
LyondellBasell products and technologies are used to make items
that improve the quality of life for people around the world
including; packaging, electronics, automotive parts, home
furnishings, construction materials and biofuels.
Located at LyondellBasell's headquarters in downtown Houston, TX,
the fixed asset senior accountant position is responsible for
ensuring accurate, complete and timely transactional processing
with consistent application of global accounting policies and
Transactional responsibilities include, but are not limited to,
capital vs. expense rulings, monitoring construction work in
progress, depreciation posting and variance analysis, asset
creation, retirement, sales, transfer, capital project closure,
financial account reconciliations and reporting, resolving fixed
asset issues globally, SAP implementation and testing in the asset
and project systems modules, and preparing 10K disclosures
Roles & Responsibilities
- Deliver efficient and effective processes on behalf of all
- Build and maintain relationship with our business
- Initiative and self-directed performance is encouraged.
Escalate unresolved issues.
- Participate in cross functional teams representing process area
to ensure appropriate implementation of agreed improvement
- Seek, provide, support and implement process improvement
initiatives agreed to by the Process Leader.
- Deliver expectations and take appropriate actions to
continuously meet expectations of customers and governance
functions in provision of accounting services.
- Deliver to the expectations of the Process Leader in performing
the respective processes ensuring tasks, activities and
sub-processes are standardized and aligned across the team.
- Provide decision support and analysis to the Process Leader to
ensure information/analysis provided is properly evaluated and
- Bring suggestions and provide support to the Process Leader for
tracking implemented performance indicators and metrics and
explaining trends in performance.
- Perform SOX controls in accordance with internal control
guidelines and maintain evidence of control for area of
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance with a minimum of 4
years of relevant experience.
- Finance Professional certification (e.g. CPA, CIMA) is highly
- Experience with Internal Controls and SOX/404 requirements,
- Knowledge of configuration, design and testing of SAP asset
module and/or project systems module preferred.
- Demonstrated experience operating in a metric driven
- Experience in a global, fast-paced, dynamic and deadline driven
- Exposure to technical knowledge in USGAAP and IFRS accounting
principles related to a wide variety of topics.
- Experience of working in different international geographical
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills are
- Dedicated to driving continuous process improvements.
- Ability to multi-task and meet aggressive deadlines.
- Ability to work under pressure analytically and
- Ability to influence management decisions and behaviors that
have an impact on process effectiveness.
- Strong computer skills and proficiency in MS Office including
Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Builds effective teams
Instills trust and exemplifies integrity
Must be at least 18 years of age and must be legally authorized to
work in the United States (US) on a permanent basis without visa
LyondellBasell does not accept or retain unsolicitedrsums or phone
calls and/or respond to them or to any third party representing job
LyondellBasell is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate
qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability,
age, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The US
EEO is the Law poster is available .
Nearest Major Market: Houston
Keywords: Lyondell Chemical Company, Houston , Senior Accountant (Fixed Assets), Accounting, Auditing , Houston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!