Controller, Gas Pipeline
Company: Epco, Inc.
Posted on: February 16, 2020
Enterprise Products Partners L.P. is one of the largest publicly
traded partnerships and a leading North American provider of
midstream energy services to producers and consumers of natural
gas, NGLs, crude oil, refined products and petrochemicals. Our
services include: natural gas gathering, treating, processing,
transportation and storage; NGL transportation, fractionation,
storage and import and export terminals; crude oil gathering,
transportation, storage and terminals; petrochemical and refined
products transportation, storage and terminals; and a marine
transportation business that operates primarily on the United
States inland and Intracoastal Waterway systems. The partnerships
assets include approximately 50,000 miles of pipelines; 260 million
barrels of storage capacity for NGLs, crude oil, refined products
and petrochemicals; and 14 billion cubic feet of natural gas
storage capacity.This position is located in NW Houston off the Sam
Houston Parkway. Newly hired employees will receive on-the-job
training working alongside various Control personnel to include
safety procedures, regulatory requirements, and various other
procedures that are related to the pipeline industry.The Gas
Pipeline Controller will be responsible for the safe and efficient
remote operation of pipelines, tanks, and pumping equipment
involved in the transportation of crude oil and other products in
compliance with DOT and other regulatory agencies. Additional
Liquid Pipeline Controller's responsibilities include, but are not
- Remotely starting/stopping pumps and/or compressors and
- Monitoring and controlling the movement of material through
multiple pipelines and/or facilities.
- Analyzing changing conditions and alarms and making necessary
- Determining accurate time of pipeline events (pumping,
deliveries, nominations, etc.) by reviewing batch listings and
- Must be able to quickly detect abnormal operations, use
critical judgement and react accordingly in a short period of
- Monitoring pipeline integrity and coordinating pipeline
- Monitoring tank and cavern storage levels.
- Maintaining communication with field personnel, customers, and
suppliers to maximize efficiency, safety, quality, and customer
service.The successful candidate will meet the following
- Minimum of 60 college credit hours with oil and gas field
operations/plant experience or minimum of 60 college credit hours
with relevant oil and gas or air traffic controller experience in
the military or on the job work experience operating as a pipeline
controller or board operator in the oil and gas or chemical
industry is required.
- Associates Degree is strongly preferred.
- 2-3 years of Chemical or Oil and Gas industry experience is
- Must have experience and basic computer skills including the
use of word processing, spreadsheet, and email software.
- Must successfully complete all pre-employment screening
requirements; including, but not limited to criminal and employment
background checks, DOT drug screen, basic math and/or mechanical
aptitude assessments, and interview process.
- Team player who interacts effectively with co-workers,
customers and the public, whether in a group or in independent
- Good communication abilities (verbal and written) including the
ability to effectively communicate by telephone.
- Must be accountable and self-driven to learn, and to
continuously develop and improve his/her skills through both
formalized and on-the-job training.
- Must be willing and able to perform essential functions of this
position in an indoor, office environment and be able to work
- Must be able to demonstrate, through previous job experience,
training, and activities, his or her ability to understand the
operation of various mechanical and technical equipment or
- Must be able to quickly learn and become proficient with new
skills, technologies, procedures and processes.
- Must successfully pass the COBRA (Console Operator Basic
Requirements Assessment) aptitude test.
- Be able and willing to work a rotating 12 hour shift schedule,
to include weekends and holidays after completion of training
period (M - F temporary day schedule).
- Must be able to visually distinguish multi-color panel
- Must be able to sit and or stand at the console for a 12-hour
shift, or longer, with the exception of occasional breaks.
- Must have sufficient mobility to evacuate the control center in
an emergency and immediately transport self to an alternate control
center in either Houston or San Antonio.Job: *Pipeline
OperationsOrganization: *OperationsTitle: Controller, Gas
PipelineLocation: Texas-HoustonRequisition ID: 000AK6
Keywords: Epco, Inc., Houston , Controller, Gas Pipeline, Accounting, Auditing , Houston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!