Electronic Billing Analyst
Company: Baker Botts
Posted on: November 22, 2021
We are currently seeking an Electronic Billing Analyst to join
our Financial Services department. This position performs a variety
of complex client billing/accounting duties according to
established policies and procedures. Maintains contact with
attorneys, staff and clients and observes confidentiality of client
and firm matters. This is a firmwide, full-time, non-exempt
position based in the Houston office.
Essential duties and responsibilities
- Responsible for the set up and maintenance of client records
for electronic invoice submission which includes matter
reconciliation, timekeeper rates, cost exceptions and client
internal matter numbers. Coordinate transmission and resolution of
issues that arise from electronic invoice process.
- Configure clients in eBilling Hub to vendor and template.
Create support tickets for eBilling Hub issues and track them to
- Disseminate accrual notifications from eBilling vendor sites to
- Assist billers with electronic invoice process which includes,
invoice submissions, resolving rejections and submitting manual
- Assist billing lawyers with submitting accruals and budgets in
eBilling vendor sites.
- Responsible for reviewing client billing guidelines for
instructions and obtaining approval to post client billing
guidelines to Firm's intranet. Responsible for maintaining updated
client billing guidelines.
- Initiate conflicts check for new e-billing vendors. Complete
client and vendor e-billing forms.
- Once rates have been approved coordinate entering the rates in
Elite and in e-billing vendor sites and distribute the new rate
information to billing attorneys and billers.
- Assist attorneys with ad hoc reporting requests regarding
client billing activities and history.
- Respond to and resolve e-billing inquiries, problems and
special requests from attorneys, paralegals and secretarial staff
and management team.
- Maintain NBI client tables for e-billed clients, vendors and
- Other tasks as assigned by management.
Other duties and responsibilities
- Special projects as assigned by Client Billing Manager or
Client Billing Supervisor.
- Train new Billing staff on eBilling procedures.
- Backup for creating and modifying task and activity
- Backup for distributing Year end notifications.
- Backup for gathering financial information for Diversity
Counsel upon Request.
- Backup for preparing e-billed client reports.
- Backup for maintaining timekeeper profiles in all eBilling
- Ability to read and write at a level normally acquired through
completion of high school or equivalent; basic knowledge of
accounting principles and understanding of internal controls; some
college business related courses.
- Approximately three to five years of on the job experience
necessary in a legal/accounting environment; must be detail
oriented and accurate.
- Strong knowledge of Aderant accounting system.
- Must have intermediate word processing (i.e. Word)
- Intermediate to advanced Excel skills preferred.
- Must have strong data entry skills and strong computer
- Must work effectively and collaboratively with other employees
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and written
internally and externally.
- Ability to organize and prioritize numerous tasks and complete
them in prescribed deadlines.
- Ability to respond to requests requiring analysis of client
billing histories and other basic financial analyses.
- Ability to use independent judgment and maintain confidential
information; strong self-starter.
- Must be able to produce a neat and accurate work product.
Extent of Public Contact (Within and outside the Firm)
- Strong interpersonal skills necessary to communicate
effectively in person, by e-mail and telephone.
- Able to follow instructions effectively from a diverse group of
lawyers, clients, staff and other outside professionals to provide
information in a friendly and professional demeanor.
- High degree of interaction with Pricing and New Business Intake
- Must be able to routinely lift and carry file folders weighing
up to 20 pounds.
- Must be able to work at a computer for considerable periods of
- Must be able to work for one hour without a break.
- Position requires extensive telephone use.
- Must be able to staple and collate repetitively.
- Must be able to lift, squat, kneel and bend.
- Requires heavy data entry skills.
Working conditions and environment
- Normal office environment with little exposure to excessive
noise, dust or temperature.
- Overtime may be required as work at peak times requires more
than 37.5 hours per week to perform the essential duties of the
- Fully vaccinated for COVID-19, subject to
- This role may be hybrid and will require a minimum of three
days per week (or at least 60%) present in the office, and up to
two days per week (40%) may be performed remotely.
Keywords: Baker Botts, Houston , Electronic Billing Analyst, Accounting, Auditing , Houston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!