Vice President, and Corporate Controller
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Vice President, and Corporate Controller Location: 8760 Clay
Road Houston, Texas 77080Employee Type: Regular We offer a creative
and friendly environment with plenty of opportunity for
advancement. Type: Full TimeExempt Status: ExemptPay Type: Salaried
Experience: 3 years in positionReports to: Chief Financial
OfficerABOUT FRANCESCA'S - - francesca's - is a specialty retailer
which operates a nationwide chain of boutiques providing -customers
a unique, fun, and personalized shopping experience. The
merchandise assortment is a -diverse and balanced mix of apparel,
jewelry, accessories, and gifts which targets 18-35-year-olds.
-francesca's is continuing to embrace diversity and inclusion with
recently adding two new -collections: franki and francesca's Fit
which creates a more positive and inclusive experience; we -now
offer sizes for a 10-year-old up to 3X. Today, francesca's -
operates 460 boutiques in 45 states -and serves its customers
through francescas.com, and the francesca's app. We offer a
creative and friendly environment with plenty of opportunity for
advancement. - Under new private equity backed ownership
francesca's is undergoing a transformation that will -position the
company for rapid growth. francesca's uniquely innovated during
COVID lockdowns and -loss of traffic by being scrappy in how it
innovated with new product ranges to respond to the -changing needs
of customers.Position Overview:Leads and directs accounting
functions. Establishes and maintains the overall accounting
systems, procedures, and policies. Directs all analysis and
reporting of financial information including budgets, planning, and
required filings and reports. Presents findings and recommendations
- Oversee all accounts, ledgers, and reporting systems ensuring
compliance with appropriate GAAP standards and regulatory
- Own and drive the month end close process and enable accurate
and efficient financial results and reporting within tight
- Build and grow cross-functional relationships to
collaboratively work together to resolve month end issues and solve
- Set up new entities, review consolidated financial statements
and provide guidance to the team in all aspects of accounting.
- Evaluate and continually improve accounting procedures,
processes, and systems to ensure standardized worldwide close
process and efficient operations. -
- Spearhead complex system implementations and process
improvements to drive operational and close efficiencies.
- Develop finance team members into future accounting
leaders.Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Track record of motivating and managing an accounting team at a
company of $300M+ at a senior leadership level.
- Experience in finance and revenue system implementations in a
- Demonstrated experience in M&A integration of operating
companies and driving efficiencies through the consolidation of
- Effective interpersonal skills with the ability to work
- Proven track record to thrive in a multifaceted environment
under short timelines and changing priorities. -
- Experience in technology or digital media industries. -
- In-depth knowledge of GAAP.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy. -
- Results oriented with a "can do" attitude and willingness to
take on additional responsibilities as needed. -
- Flexible and able to adapt to growing organizations and deal
with the Company's changing needs and priorities. -
- Experience with Cloud Financial and Revenue system
- This is a home office position, which pursuant to the Company's
COVID-19 vaccination mandate, requires all home office employees to
be fully vaccinated, unless an employee objects to such vaccination
for any reason of personal conscience, based on a religious belief,
or for medical reasons (including prior recovery from COVID-19). To
the extent an accommodation is requested to this mandate, the
Company will evaluate each request on an individualized basis in
accordance with applicable law.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting and Certified Public Accountant
- 12+ years of relevant experience, including Big 4 public
- 3+ years of experience in a Global Controller role at a retail
or consumer product goods or inventory management experience,
including leading teams of 25 team members.Preferred Qualifications
- MBA or Master's degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Prior retail experience.
- Lease accounting experience.
- Inventory management. francesca's is an equal opportunity
employer. francesca's - understands that it is our team members
that contribute to our growth and we invite you to help us continue
in our success! External Field
Keywords: francesca's, Houston , Vice President, and Corporate Controller, Accounting, Auditing , Houston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!