Posted on: May 16, 2022
When you join Hines, you will work alongside innovative leaders who
set the standards responsible for our reputation as an industry
leader today, and you'll be a part of shaping our future in the
years to come.
As an Assistant Controller with Hines, you will be responsible for
the financial & administrative matters, accounting records and risk
mitigation for assigned projects and entities as well as the
supervision and development of respective accounting staff.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Supervise and oversee the training and development of
accounting personnel and assigned subordinate staff.
- Maintain relationships and communicate effectively with Hines
senior and middle management.
- Assist with the communication and coordination with external
investors and lenders and ensure compliance with all legal
agreements: development management, property management,
partnership, leasing and/or financing.
- Review and/or prepare reports generated for upper management
and external users as well as other significant internal reports
and the basic underlying financial accounting records from which
they were prepared.
- Ensure all accounting records and reports are being maintained
timely, accurately and in accordance with applicable policies and
- Review and confirm integrity of monthly and quarterly reporting
for property(s) or project(s).
- Administer financial, internal, and tenant audits.
- Identify risks; propose and implement risk mitigation
- Maintain adequate internal controls through documented policies
and procedures to ensure accounting record integrity and
reliability and asset preservation.
- Review and assist with the preparation of operational and
property budgets, as well as the Hines Annual Plan.
- Manage the administration of precise GAAP and tax calculations
(straight-line rent, purchase price allocation, depreciation /
amortization, and development cost allocations).
- Prepare and review tax projections and tax preparation
- Prepare and/or review cash flow and valuation models for
operating and development projects.
- Participate in due diligence for asset acquisitions and
dispositions or other special projects as assigned.
Minimum Requirements include:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting from an accredited
- CPA designation required.
- Five or more years professional accounting experience,
preferably a combination of public and industry.
- Prior management experience required.
- Commercial real estate accounting and valuation experience
- Demonstrate a strong knowledge and application of Generally
Accepted Accounting Principles and possess a fiduciary perspective
in accounting, reporting, and asset management.
- Strong people management skills and ability to lead the
department, shepherd processes, plan and manage activities to meet
deadlines. Ability to evaluate, train and develop employees and
plan resources appropriate for the objective.
- Strong analytical skills: ability to analyze reports and
situations, understand larger objectives, and create a path in
order to meet the desired objective.
- Demonstrate extensive knowledge of Microsoft Excel, proficiency
utilizing accounting software.
- Compose business letters, expositions, summaries, and reports,
using proper format, punctuation, grammar, diction, and style.
Hines is a privately owned global real estate investment firm
founded in 1957 with a presence in 240 cities in 27 countries.
Hines oversees a portfolio of assets under management valued at
approximately $160.9 billion -, including $81.7 billion in assets
under management for which Hines serves as investment manager, and
$79.2 billion representing more than 172.9 million square feet of
assets for which Hines provides third-party property level
services. Historically, Hines has developed, redeveloped or
acquired approximately 1,450 properties, totaling over 485 million
square feet. The firm has more than 180 developments currently
underway around the world. With extensive experience in investments
across the risk spectrum and all property types, and a pioneering
commitment to ESG, Hines is one of the largest and most-respected
real estate organizations in the world. Visit www.hines.com for
more information. -Includes both the global Hines organization as
well as RIA AUM as of December 31, 2020.We are an equal opportunity
employer and support workforce diversity.No calls or emails from
third parties at this time please.
Keywords: Hines, Houston , Assistant Controller, Accounting, Auditing , Houston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!