Senior Property Accountant
Company: CSI Companies
Posted on: June 25, 2022
Multi-family "GIANT" looking for a Senior Property Accountant as
they continue to rapidly grow. Our client is one of the largest
real estate investment, development, and management companies in
the nation. Representing more than 200 apartment communities (over
70,000 units under management), they are also expanding into the
UK!Our client has developed and adapted RPA (robotic processing
automation) that takes the guesswork out of typical Accounting.
This allows you to be more strategic, efficient, and enjoy a
work-life balance. One more thing to grab your attention, they were
awarded one of 2022's "Great Places to Work".Interviewing &
Accepting Applications ASAPLocation: Houston, TX 77027
- On-Site Regional OfficeAs a Senior Property Accountant, you
ensure all transactions related to your portfolio of properties are
recorded accurately and reported on a timely basis.A Day in the
- Post monthly journal entries and prepare monthly financial
reports for a portfolio of properties, including reclasses and
accruals provided by onsite property managers.
- Work with Operations team to prepare annual budgets.
- Review all financials and reconciliations to ensure accurate
- Oversee the preparation of cash position/projection reports,
working closely with Accounting team members.
- Tie out month-end balances between software systems and help
research any variances.
- Post monthly debt service payments for each property; reconcile
monthly loan activity.
- Ensure all security deposit funds are held in the correct
account by analyzing the cash transfers to operating accounts;
write down forfeited security deposits.
- Help Build, Investments, and Operations teams ensure the proper
separation of construction costs; help provide billings when
- Investors, colleagues, and partners alike have absolute
confidence in our financial statements because of your leadership,
adherence to accounting rules and company policy, and precise
attention to detail.
- Proactively handling potential closing challenges is your
superpower - other staff accountants' model themselves after
- You have a knack for communicating with a wide range of roles
and personalities - everyone always knows what's going on and is on
the same page!The Ideal Candidate Would Possess:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance preferred, or at
least 5 years of experience in the Commercial or Multi-Family Real
Estate Accounting industry
- CPA or MBA preferred
- Strong organizational, communication, quantitative, and
- Exceptional attention to detail while performing multiple
assignments under tight deadlines
- Deep understanding of GAAP, financial accounting processes, and
general ledger reconciliation
- High proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- We are seeking candidates with prior experience managing
accounting for a large number of properties such as, large
apartment communities or large office complexes.
- Commercial/Multifamily experience is critical for this role, as
you will be expected to manage senior accounts in the industry and
provide guidance.Status: Direct Hire, Permanent, Full-TimeEnjoy the
- You'll have access to great health coverage, 401(k) matching,
and plenty of paid time off and holidays.
- Complimentary gym access, affinity clubs, employer incentives,
and a free in-house psychologist.
- Discounts including 20% off the market rate if you live at one
of our communities, as well as exclusive discounts with brands like
Samsung, Southwest Airlines, and Dell.
- Get recognized by your peers and rewarded by your leaders for
having awesome ideas, going the extra mile, and making an
impact.Are you seeking a career with real satisfaction? We'll give
you the tools and training to reach new heights, grow into the best
version of yourself, and craft the right career for you.Apply
Keywords: CSI Companies, Houston , Senior Property Accountant, Accounting, Auditing , Houston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!