Project Controller III
Company: Amec Foster Wheeler
Posted on: September 23, 2022
Wood is currently recruiting for a Project Controller III with
experience in the oil and gas petrochemical industry. This is
contract role working within a Wood Client office, with
opportunitues of extension. The Project Controller is responsible
for creating, maintaining, and tracking a project budget to support
and align with the project requirements. This role provides support
to the Cost Control Lead and Project Manager.Other duties will
- Develop and execute project & financial control processes &
tools, create, and maintain a project budget utilizing best
practices and value adding processes.
- Work closely with the Cost Control Lead to provide analytical
insights on the project cost to enable pro-active decision
- Provide input to project status reporting and facilitate
meetings for planning, budgeting, and project controls.
- Provide invoice analysis through review and tracking contractor
invoices against budgets and forecast.
- Develops reports to track & communicate project progress based
on agreed cadence (weekly and/or monthly) including earned value
and future work forecast analysis, Accruals, Actual Cost of Work
Performed (ACWP), percent complete, and Cost Performance Index
- Establishes, administers, and maintains project financial
planning, monitoring, and controlling best practices. Ensures
alignment between the project budget and schedule.
- Develops enhanced management reporting to facilitate the review
of the financial forecast and improve the usefulness of the
information for management in decision making.
- Analyzes cost over/under-runs and highlighting the impacts to
the Cost Control Lead.
- Ensures the establishment and maintenance of charge codes in
- Reviews and analyses project invoices to ensure accuracy and
- Skills Required:
- Prefer a BA/BS or MA/MS in Finance/Business, Construction
Management or related field with 3-7 years of progressive
- Project Management Professional (PMP/PMI) certification and
Configuration certification is preferred but not required.
- Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) is
- Must have knowledge in the following financial project control
areas: forecasting, budgeting, planning, estimating and cost
- Must have knowledge in the following planning project control
areas: earned value analysis, probabilistic estimating, experience
in reporting and tracking project work efforts and cost on complex
- Able to work across multiple teams with different leadership
styles and possess strong organizational, analytical, and critical
thinking skills with the ability to understand the project scope
and execution methodology and its relationship to the Work
Breakdown Structure (not just a data entry clerk).
- Ability to facilitate meetings and take meeting
minutes.Day-to-day: Working with contractors to set up service
orders, track contractors, reviewing invoices as they come in
(Contractor Management), Utilizing SAP to extract financial
informationWood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy
across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock
solutions to some of the worlds most critical challenges. We
provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than
60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.comWe are
an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a
diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and
without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list):
race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability,
sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or
other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing
laws.Requisition ID: 2022-106412 Name: Staff / Permanent External
Company Name: Wood Plc External Company URL:
Keywords: Amec Foster Wheeler, Houston , Project Controller III, Accounting, Auditing , Houston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!