Company: Westlake Chemical Corporation
Posted on: November 26, 2022
SUMMARYThe Senior Internal Auditor is responsible for performing
individual internal audit projects, including developing internal
audit scope, performing audit procedures, and documenting the
results of the work performed.DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIESMay
include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Analyze financial, and IT processes and related business and IT
controls. Identify key business risks and develop a risk-based
- Evaluate governance processes and structures that monitor the
activities of the company. Evaluate actions taken by management to
- Validate the effectiveness of business process, IT General
controls, and Automated Controls, Significant Reports and
- Make recommendations to improve the performance and efficiency
of internal controls in financial and IT processes.
- Document audit tests and findings clearly.
- Apply key information systems control concepts and identify key
information technology risks and controls.
- Communicate findings to Internal Audit Manager, the Chief Audit
Executive, and business unit management.
- Monitor the implementation of audit recommendations.
- Perform data analytics supporting Internal Audit projects and
- Additional responsibilities or tasks as assigned.
- Comply with all Company policies and procedures.
- Fully supports Company goals of continuous improvement and
operational excellence at strategic and tactical levels including
reviewing area of responsibility for improvement opportunities to
initiate projects or communicate ideas to management as well as
active participation on project teams.EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or IT required.
- Minimum 4 years' experience in internal audit, public
accounting, consulting, finance or combination.
- Professional certification (CIA, CPA, CISA, CFE, or equivalent)
or demonstrated progress is required.
- Chemicals, Petrochemicals, oil & gas or manufactured experience
- Knowledge of internal audit professional standards, COSO and
- Understanding of internal control concepts and experience in
applying them to evaluate business and IT processes.
- Ability to analyze and evaluate data, synthesize issues and
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and
in writing, including the ability to conduct effective
- Ability to work with limited direction and guidance, and
provide appropriate direction to other internal audit project team
members. Work as part of a team with audit management for more
- Ability to performing Data Analytics using IDEA, ACL, or other
- Strong analytical skills and sound judgment required.
- SAP and JDE experience are a plus.PHYSICAL DEMANDSWhile
performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently
required to sit; stand; walk; use hands to touch, handle, or feel;
reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is
occasionally required to stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must
regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision
abilities required by this job include close vision, distance
vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and
ability to adjust focus.WORK ENVIRONMENTThe noise level in the work
environment is usually moderate as normally based in an office.
Some of the work may be required in the operating units which can
require usage of required PPE including safety glasses, hearing
protection, etc. May also result in exposure to outside elements
and may require usage of stairs and elevators. 30% travel including
air travel or auto travel may occasionally be required.
Keywords: Westlake Chemical Corporation, Houston , Senior Auditor, Accounting, Auditing , Houston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!