People & Culture Business Partner
Company: Camillo Properties
Posted on: January 27, 2023
The People & Culture (PAC) Business Partner is responsible for
assisting with the execution of the organization's People & Culture
strategy. This position will assist with PAC processes for Camillo
Properties, Legend Home Corporation, & LCI Services accordingly.
This position will be a direct business partner to groups such
asour Property Management, Accounting, Finance, Tax, and Service
departments. This PAC BP role will oversee the companies Human
Capital Management System UKG as the system Administrator The PAC
BP role will formulate partnerships across the companies to deliver
value-added service to management and employees that reflects the
business objectives of the organization. The PAC Business Partner
is engaged in projects and activities required to execute programs
including, but not limited to benefits; employee relations counsel
on policies and procedures; talent acquisition; onboarding;
compensation; leave management; investigations; performance and
talent management; employee engagement; occupational health and
safety; and training and development. The PAC Business Partner is
the first point of contact for their assigned client groups on
- Support People & Culture processes for 400+ Full-time employees
between Camillo Properties, Legend Home Corporation & LCI
- Manages and resolves complex employee relations issues.
Conducts effective, thorough, and objective investigations.
- Maintains in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to
day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks, and
ensuring regulatory compliance in partnership with the HR
leadership and with the legal department as needed or
- Conducts or attends regular meetings with respective business
- Consults with supervisory management, providing PAC guidance
- Provides day-to-day performance management guidance to
supervisory management (e.g., coaching, counseling, career
development, disciplinary actions).
- Works closely with management and employees to improve work
relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and
- Provides oversight of the talent acquisition process, which may
include recruitment, interviewing, and hiring of qualified job
applicants, particularly for managerial, exempt, and professional
roles; collaborates with departmental managers to understand skills
and competencies required for openings.
- Works closely with PAC leadership to develop, revise and
implement company policies and procedures.
- Provides PAC policy guidance and interpretation.
- Identifies training needs for business units and individual
coaching or development needs.
- Delivers training sessions on assigned programs or
- Participates in evaluation and monitoring of training programs
to ensure success. Follows up to ensure training objectives are
- Participates in professional development sessions or
- All other duties as assigned.
- Friendly and welcoming demeanor with the the ability to
maintain professionalism and a strong customer-focused demeanor
with demanding clientele.
- Excellent time management skills, detail-orientation and
ability to multi-task and prioritize work.
- Strong decision-making and problem-solving skills, along with
advanced conflict resolution skills.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills and proficient
in English. Must be able to articulate needs and convey information
verbally and in writing effectively with employees, customers,
supervisors, and co-workers throughout the organization.
- Knowledge of management methods and sound employee relations
techniques with an ability to connect to staff, troubleshoot
problems and help teams collaborate, as necessary.
- Able to work in an equitable, inclusive, and diverse
environment. The Camillo family of companies are committed to
enhancing equity, inclusion, and diversity, including hiring talent
from all backgrounds.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in human resources, business administration
or equivalent work experience.
- 3 plus years' of UKG or system administration experience
- HR experience within construction, real estate or property
management environment preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience resolving complex employee
- Working knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines,
including compensation practices, organizational diagnosis,
employee and labor relations, diversity, performance management,
and federal and state respective employment laws.
- SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) credential or ability to
obtain certification within one year of employment.
As one of the largest privately held real estate development and
construction companies in Texas, The Camillo Family of Companies
exists to open doors to greater opportunities for all people. For
more than 30 years, the Company has led the way in constructing
premier communities featuring affordable homes and residences that
maximize style, livability, and functional floorplan designs.
Camillo Companies is a vertically integrated operation consisting
of four primary entities, including Retail (Legend Homes, Princeton
Classic Homes, and Bella Vista Homes), Residences (Camillo
Properties), Land Development (Academy Development), and
Maintenance (LCI Services). Through these operations, the Camillo
Family of Companies has constructed more than 30,000 homes and
residences in the Greater Houston, Dallas-Fort Worth, San Antonio,
and Bryan-College Station areas, establishing a standard of
exceptional customer service and attainability. In 2007, the
Company pioneered the single-family build-to-rent business,
eventually leading to the 2012 launch of Camillo Properties, which
builds, leases, and manages both new and recently constructed
single-family homes, townhomes, and multi-family projects.
Beginning in 2023, the company plans to expand into new markets in
and outside of Texas.
The Camillo Companies value a diverse and inclusive workplace. We
strongly encourage women, people of color, LGBTQIA+ individuals,
people with disabilities, and veterans to apply. We are committed
to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal
employment opportunities are available to all applicants and team
members regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity,
national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital
status, disability, genetic information, age, pregnancy, parental
status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or
contain a comprehensive listing of all responsibilities or duties
required. Other assignments, projects, and duties may be
Keywords: Camillo Properties, Houston , People & Culture Business Partner, Accounting, Auditing , Houston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!