Company: Resource Staffing
Posted on: March 19, 2023
$19/hr. - John F Kennedy Blvd, Houston, TX 77032
Monday - Friday 8 am - 5 pm
Temporary Project Based
We are seeking a dynamic, conscientious Accounting Clerk to assist a busy, nonprofit organization located in North Houston. This position is project-based, and duties include maintaining records and tracking program expenses. We are seeking a clerk who is detail-oriented and can process multiple invoices while accurately processing invoices, coding, and tracking paid invoices. The ideal clerk has excellent oral and written communication, adheres to deadlines, and has the ability to maintain confidentiality.
Accounting Clerk Contributions:
* Verify the accuracy of receipts, invoices or records submitted for checks request weekly
* Submit invoices and supporting documents to the accounts payable (A/P) department
* Collect receipts from Case Workers, review them, make copies and submit them to onlin
* Compile data and prepare a variety of reports (monthly vouchers report, credit card monthly report, hotel and transportation charges, and reconcile program expenses to the General Ledger
* Assist grant accountants in the preparation and reconciliation of financial reports
Skills and Assets You Bring:
* High School Diploma or GED
* One (1) year experience as an accounting clerk or bookkeeper
* Experience working in an office setting
* 10-key is a huge plus, accurate typing including alpha and numeric
* Experience coding and processing invoices is a huge plus
* Strong verbal and written communication skills
* Advanced Knowledge and experience with MS Office Suite (Word, Excel or Access)
* Ability to work under pressure and manage multiple deadlines concurrently
* Ability to handle and maintain confidential client information
* Proven accounting experience, preferably in accounts payable, familiar with bookkeeping, basic accounting procedures, basic math skills, and hands-on experience with spreadsheets and financial reports
* Background Check-Criminal, Education Verification, Employment Verification and Drug Test-10 Panel will be administered
Benefits During This Project:
* Direct Deposit
* Weekly Pay Periods
* Gain excellent accounting and bookkeeping experience
We invite you to apply!
About Resource Staffing
Resource Staffing is an affiliate of The Reserves Network, a family-owned and veteran-founded company. Since 1989, we have been bringing employers and job seekers together in various industries and positions throughout Texas. As an equal opportunity employer, we value our employees and foster an environment of respect, integrity, and trust in every aspect of employment. However you identify and whatever your background, we encourage you to apply today.
Keywords: Resource Staffing, Houston , Accounting Clerk, Accounting, Auditing , Houston, Texas
here to apply!