Senior Project Controls Analyst
Company: Matrix Service Co
Posted on: November 17, 2023
If you are a job seeker with a disability and require a
reasonable accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, you will
find the contact information to request the appropriate
accommodation by visiting the following page:The Senior Project
Controls Analyst is responsible for planning schedules for
projects, including development of tasks from drawings and scopes
of work. Provide guidance to project management and team members as
it pertains to baseline schedules, success factors, float
management, and schedule logic. May serve as lead. Monitor and
control cost of engineering labor, expenses, subcontractors, and
other expenses during Engineering, Procurement, and Construction
phase of the project using companies financial accounting software
and reports.Essential Functions
- Actively supports the Company's commitment to safety and its
- Represent the Company at all times with high moral standards
while adhering to the Company's Code of Business Conduct and
- Develop project schedules using estimated manhours.
- Understand the project execution plan and document changes to
- Responsible for facilitation of periodic project earned value
and productivity reports.
- Interface with estimating team personnel to provide proposal
assistance as required.
- Assist with monthly and quarterly financial reporting as
- Ability to work on multiple projects at one time.
- Develop and execute project controls execution and reporting
plan for project working with project manager and project
- Manage and own the schedule and milestones for
- Work with the project manager on change orders based on
analysis of the reports and identification of potential problem
- Mentor junior team members to their growth and
- Prepare budget shifts, labor corrections, as needed with
accounting team and team members.
- Process approved changes, and approved budget shifts into
- Develop forecast at completion (EAC) based on current
expenditures, commitments and trends against the project.
- Perform additional assignments per supervisor's
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering or Construction
Management; or equivalent combination/experience in lieu of
- 10+ years of construction/engineering planning, scheduling, and
cost control experience.
- Substantial experience with Primavera (P6) planning
- Proficient with MS Excel and Word.
- Strong understanding of industrial construction/engineering
- Good interpersonal communication skills.
- Job may require periodic travel to job sites.In addition,
full-time employees are offered a comprehensive benefits package,
including medical, dental and vision plans covering eligible
employees and dependents, disability benefits, life and AD&D
insurance, an employee assistance program (EAP), a 401(k) plan with
company match, an employee stock purchase plan (ESPP), a robust
wellness program and adoption assistance. Some employees may also
be eligible for paid time off, tuition reimbursement and a
performance or safety bonus program.At Matrix, we are dedicated to
building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace. We
encourage all whose experience aligns with the listed
qualifications to apply and explore joining our
organization.EEO/M/F/Disability/Vets/Affirmative Action EmployerWe
are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national
origin, age, genetic information, marital status, disability,
veteran status, or other legally protected characteristic or
Keywords: Matrix Service Co, Houston , Senior Project Controls Analyst, Accounting, Auditing , Houston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!