Company: Texas Dow Employees Credit Union
Location: Lake Jackson
Posted on: October 12, 2018
POSITION TITLE: Member Champion (Level 1-3) LOCATION: This position is based in the Texas area. Texas is leading the nation in phenomenal job growth and experiencing significant economic development, making Houston and surrounding communities a top choice to have a career and raise a family. REPORTS TO: Member Champion Team Lead, Member Champion Team Manager or Member Center Manager
WHAT IT MEANS TO BE A TDECU Member Champion - Member champions live their TDECU-aligned values everyday. By serving the member in a REAL Legendary way, they create a memorable and uniquely-REAL experience that surpasses the member's expectations. Making the member feel cared for, valued and appreciated by serving as a trusted advisor relating to financial opportunities. WHY THIS ROLE EXISTS - Demands of a TDECU Member Champion
- Builds Relationships - Looks at the member as a person and not an account. Responds to Member's needs in an efficient and accurate manner, delivering the TDECU brand promise with each member experience.
- Financial ConsultantListens to what the member says and what they may not be saying. Makes recommendations for relevant products and services that will benefit the member based upon life events and goals.
- Member Champion Takes ownership of the encounter with the member and provides value through system and product knowledge to create a Legendary experience for their member.THIS IS TDECU Our Purpose TDECU exists to improve lives: improve our members' lives, improve our employees' lives and improve lives in the communities we serve. As a credit union, we are a non-profit organization so our services are designed solely for the benefits of our members.This is our personalityOur company is gracious, humble and respectful. Our people are the best at what they do. They are smart, caring, love to win and are very protective of what TDECU stands for. Teams are friendly with members and friendly with each other. Management does not hold itself above its employees and is accessible and transparent. We are a Texas company and believe in independence and championing others to gain it. This is our pathTDECU is a progressive company that has experienced tremendous growth and is an award winning place to work. We have a tremendous opportunity to contribute to life's greatest calling, improving the lives of others and the communities we serve. We are a stable, well-managed company that is going to continue to grow both organically and through mergers and acquisitions. By providing legendary service with an omnichannel focus on providing a seamless member experience that meets the member where they are in life and by merging with the right value aligned partners. We believe we are capable of taking on any competitor but are not focused on what the competition does. We are focused on doing what we do best. THIS IS WHO WE WANT Here's the short form: We want someone great at what they do - smart, skilled, experienced and passionate. You'll need to have a passion for helping people with the ability to focus in and manage a fast paced environment. You will be responsible for the external presentation of our brand, so you'll need to communicate our company's intention and personality. Because you'll be part of a team of our people, you'll need to be the kind of person who is skilled at supporting and mentoring of others. Most of all we want someone whose values are aligned to our culture and who is passionate about service and improving lives. We are constantly interested in upgrading our solutions so you'll need a passion for learning. You'll be responsible for developing and delivering the brand promise. THIS IS THE CAREER OPPORTUNITY Your Responsibilities
- Establishes and maintains a positive advisory relationship by creating a "wow factor" experience making the member feel valued by showing immediate interest in their life. Proactively identifies changes in member's life events, and banking needs and recommends relevant services and solutions to solve member opportunities as well as to enable members to achieve financial and life goals.
- Owns member issues and responds effectively to address problems, errors including but not limited to fraud, courtesy pay, check holds, or account status.
- Provides members with timely telephone follow up on new account openings, branch visits, product inquires and REAL Legendary service standards.
- Recommends and assists members with convenient technology solutions including but not limited to Online Banking, mobile applications, and in branch kiosks.
- Builds and maintains full knowledge of TDECU products and services. Refers members for specialized services, including but not limited to investments, insurance, real estate, title and mortgage.
- Completes account transactions such as deposits, withdrawals, transfers, wire transfers and cashes. Performs and exceeds acceptable service and production levels.
- Processes consumer loan applications and potentially underwrite loans utilizing lending guidelines. Completes associated paperwork and funding activities.
- Monitors loan applications and follows procedures to discard pending loans over thirty days old. Completes all balancing and audit requirements per procedure.
- Creates and maintains compliance reports and logs as appropriate.
- Provides REAL legendary service to team and internal customers through genuine care and compassion. Initiates action to help the team achieve branch goals in production and member satisfaction.
- Offers to assist team members proactively and assists with a variety of administrative duties including ordering departmental supplies, lobby preparation, receptionist duties, and notarial services as assigned.
- Completes all mandatory compliance testing within designated time frame and other compliance assignments including Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC), Unusual Activity Reports (UAR), and Security processes.
- Implements processes as required by the Bank Secrecy Act and TDECU policies and procedures including but not limited to completing and submitting Currency Transaction Reports, being knowledgeable of signs of unusual financial activities, and reporting signs of unusual activity and/or completing reporting for Suspicious Activity Report as appropriate per procedure.
- Stays abreast of changes within the credit union relating to services and procedures.
- Actively participates in community relations activities and groups to represent the Credit Union. Takes initiative to connect with individuals and organizations outside of the credit union. Functional Level Descriptors Level 1 Effectively executes daily branch balancing procedures. Champions financial freedom for our members by understanding their needs and goals. Provides information regarding financial education, debt consolidation and appropriate lending solutions. Effectively executes general transactions and loans. Requires assistance with more complex transactions and loans. Effectively conforms to performance expectations.Level 2 Effectively executes daily branch balancing procedures. Provides expertise in lending solutions including the ability to initiate home equity loans, refinancing solutions or obtaining their first home loan. Effectively executes general transactions and loans. Requires minimal assistance with more complex transactions and loans. Provides onboarding support and guidance to new team members. Provides mentorship to Level 1 Member Champions. Often exceeds performance expectations to assist in the achievement of branch targets. Level 3 Effectively executes daily branch balancing procedures. Champions character by evaluating all variables regarding the approval of complex member loans. Has authority to perform system overrides outside of normal guidelines in accordance with lending levels.Effectively executes general transactions and loans. Provides assistance with more complex transactions and loans. Provides onboarding support and guidance to new team members. Regularly exceeds performance expectations to assist in the achievement of branch targets. Your Education and Experience
- Essential: High school diploma or equivalent mix of education and experience is required. Additional training is preferred.
- Essential: Level 1: 6 months work experience in member service, financial services or similar preferred.Level 2: 1 year work experience in member service, financial services or similar preferred.Level 3: 2 years work experience in member service, financial services or similar preferred. Your Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Essential: Strong interpersonal communication skills and strategic and creative thinking abilities.
- Essential: Assumes responsibility for achieving results.
- Essential: Identifies members banking issues and needs.
- Essential: Passion for accuracy.
- Essential: Serves as a resource to members, prospective members, and employees.
- Essential: Continually learns and stays current trends in the marketplace.
- Essential: Builds collaborative and productive relationships in the branch.
- Essential: Provides world class, REAL legendary service.
- Essential: Demonstrates effective time management.
- Essential: Strong working knowledge of relevant software including Microsoft Office, Word and Excel.THIS IS WHAT WE PROVIDEOur Impact - What You GetWe believe that you can't win in the market place if you don't win in the workplace and as a result take great pride in delivering a highly engaged and award winning workplace. Here is what you can expect with a TDECU career as a Member Champion: --- Pay: Competitive pay structure. Additional incentive opportunities include referral incentives, progressions, promotions, spot bonuses, and the TDECU Performance plan. --- Benefits: An award winning comprehensive and competitive benefits package, including health, dental, vision, life/AD&D, long-term disability, and retirement savings plan. --- Tuition Reimbursement: We believe success begins by developing and enhancing your strengths. By providing uncapped tuition reimbursement you have the ability to identify, direct and achieve your career goals. --- Telecommuting: Eligible to participate in SERvE program based upon business needs. At the heart of a great workplace is a great highly engaged employee and manager. We believe every employee deserves a manager who cares about your development and success and we are dedicated to delivering on that belief. Your manager will support your success by clarifying outcomes and supporting your achievement of those outcomes. Our managers believe on focusing on what is right with people not what is wrong. You will thrive by living your strengths in and being supported as a professional financial expert.Your Impact - What you giveYou will be responsible for new member acquisition and promotion of services to existing members. Your work will have significant, measurable business impact. You will help our members realize their personal and financial goals, so your work will have emotional impact within the company as well.We are a company that judges our members by their character, not solely by their current circumstances. We believe in lighting the path to freedom for our members by providing smart, empathetic financial services that give them a greater opportunity to live life as they want to. And we believe in strengthening the communities that we serve. The more that marketing helps to make people aware of TDECU, the more we can serve others in these ways.Your work will be seen by the entire company, including our senior leadership team and, in many cases, our board of directors. Your ideas will be listened to carefully, and your impact will be noticeable and appreciated. We have some very exciting career changing opportunities for you to help you grow and develop your career and achieve your goals. Physical Demands and Work Environment: (The physical demands and work environment characteristics described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform essential functions of this position and/or may be encountered while performing essential functions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.) While performing the essential duties of this position, an employee would frequently be required to stand, walk, and sit. An employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and may occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds to perform essential position functions. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. This position may require travel up to 20% of the time based on business needs. Attendance Requirements: Regular onsite attendance is an essential function of this position. This means that the employee is required to report to work on time and must remain available to clients during scheduled hours. This position requires face-to-face interaction in person or by telephone and e-mail with members, clients, and vendors. Texas Dow Employees Credit Union is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including race, color, age, protected veteran status, sex, religion, disability, genetic information, national origin or other status protected by federal, state or local law. Consistent with the American Disabilities Act, applicants may request accommodations needed to participate in the application process.
Keywords: Texas Dow Employees Credit Union, Houston , Member Champion, Accounting, Auditing , Lake Jackson, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!