Senior Accountant, Settlements
Company: Pattern Energy Group
Posted on: August 17, 2019
Pattern Energy Group is an independent, fully integrated energy
company that develops, constructs, owns and operates renewable
energy projects and transmission assets across North America,
Japan, and parts of Latin America. The company focuses primarily on
wind, solar and transmission. The Pattern Energy Group team has a
history as one of the top North American renewable energy and
transmission providers in the industry. The team is dedicated to
delivering the highest value for its customers, partners, financial
supporters and the communities in which it works, while exhibiting
a strong commitment to promoting environmental stewardship and
corporate responsibility. Pattern Energy Group operates in the
United States, Canada, Japan, and Mexico with offices in San
Francisco, Houston, San Diego, New York, Tokyo, and Toronto.
Pattern Energy Group's corporate headquarters is in San
Francisco.Job PurposeThis position will have responsibility for
monitoring market-based activities of Pattern's generating assets
in the respective ISO/RTO, and providing analysis and
administrative support. The role will serve as the key liaison
between the accounting group (based in Houston and San Francisco)
and various front office departments such as Energy Management,
Risk Management and Data analytics. Key Accountabilities
- Participate in daily, weekly and monthly settlement of physical
and financial trading activities (Accounts Payable/Receivable)
- Assist with generation of invoicing statements and cash
forecasting, communicating progress with involved groups including
the accounting team.
- Co-ordinating with counterparties to resolve billing
disputes/discrepancies proactively and timely
- Shadow settlement of market activities reported by
- Review ISO/RTO charges
- Assist in managing relationships with ISO/RTOS, and third
parties assisting with scheduling and data analytics
- Identify, recommend and implement process improvements around
settlement and accounting processes.
- Provide schedules/reports of market activities to assist in
periodic flux analysis and revenue journal entries.
- Read, interpret, and summarize project contracts and loan
agreements to assure proper accounting and compliance.
- Prepare account analyses and reconciliations on a monthly
- Ensure that monthly, quarterly, year-end, and special project
deadlines and requirements are met.
- Hands-on use, data entry and navigation of Pattern's general
ledger, and reporting software.
- Assist with quarterly (10Q) and annual (10K) public reporting
requirements - primarily focused on compilation of footnotes and
- SOX 404 compliance duties.
- Maintain schedules to support income tax filing
- Perform accounting research as needed.
- Provide assistance in the audit of periodic financial
statements for the projects assigned - preparing PBC items, e.g.
footnote tables, and interfacing with the external auditors to
ensure the audits are completed on schedule.Educational
RequirementsA Bachelor's degree in Accounting or equivalent major
required. Required and Preferred Work ExperienceThe following
criteria will be used as a basis for Pattern to select a qualified
- Minimum of 3-5 years of relevant experience
- Accounting experience at a US public company
- Familiarity with Sarbanes Oxley requirements
- Experience in reviewing ISO/RTO invoice charges, preferable in
ERCOT and CAISO
- The following experience is preferred:
- Renewable energy industry experience
- Bilateral settlements, Financial transmission rights
- Knowledge of energy market analytic software systems, e.g. YES
- International accounting experience Additional RequirementsMust
possess strengths in the following and be willing to do research as
- The ideal candidate will demonstrate strong "hands on"
technical skills with attention to detail.
- Commitment, ability, and prior experience in meeting deadlines
for monthly and quarterly reporting, and special projects;
preparing thorough and complete analyses and reconciliations with
appropriate documentation and follow-up.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and
manage a demanding workload involving multiple tasks,
responsibilities and deadlines with professional follow-through and
- Self-starter with flexibility, desire and eagerness to learn
and assume new responsibilities while maintaining ownership of the
- Strong interpersonal, writing and communication skills. Must be
able to meet with and participate in Operations meetings and be
well versed in the project contracts in order to contribute to
these meetings.Technical SkillsComputer skills - Microsoft Office
(Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint). Pattern Energy Group Inc. is
an equal opportunity employer
Keywords: Pattern Energy Group, Houston , Senior Accountant, Settlements, Accounting, Auditing , Houston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!