Senior Consultant- Internal Audit
Company: Postlethwaite & Netterville
Posted on: October 13, 2019
GROW WITH US: For more than 70 years, Postlethwaite & Netterville
(P&N), APAC has helped businesses and individuals across the
country shape clearer paths forward. Our professional accounting
and assurance, consulting, tax, and technology services allow
clients to streamline and organize operations, comply with changing
regulations, and boost business growth with the right technological
tools. As Louisiana's top CPA firm, our rapid growth is continuing.
We are looking for leaders to GROW WITH US! JOB OVEVIEW: A
Consulting Senior-Internal Audit position will focus on full-cycle
internal audit engagements, including overseeing and conducting
research & client assessments, as well as preparing, completing,
and ensuring the accuracy and compliance of client engagements.
Will receive assignments that further their knowledge of the job
function within a public accounting firm. The position involves
providing oversight to consulting staff and interns.
QUALIFICATIONS: --- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance,
Business, ISDS, Computer Science, or an approved related field is
required. --- Must have or be in the process of achieving one of
the following internal audit and/or Information Technology auditing
certifications: CPA, CIA, CFE, CISA, CRISC, or CISSP. --- 3+ years
of experience in the fields of Internal Audit or IT Auditing.
--- Advanced degrees and Certifications may be used to supplement
for years of experience.
- Must demonstrate critical thinking and project management skill
- General knowledge of organizational and business functions to
allow for completion of assigned Internal Audit and/or IT Audit
- Ability to perform effectively, efficiently, and with quality
under tight deadlines and manage multiple priorities.
- Must have excellent interpersonal, written and verbal
communication skills in business and technical environments.
Professionally and appropriately communicate with a diverse group
- Able to work in a highly organized manner within a fast-paced,
innovative, and continuously changing environment.
- Must be computer literate with the capability of performing at
an intermediate or advanced level with respect to the Microsoft
Office Suite of products or similar software applications.
- General knowledge and understanding of key business risk and
related internal controls.
- Must exhibit a high degree of professionalism and maintain the
highest level of confidentiality
- ---Under direct supervision, plans, performs and reports on
outsourced and/or co-sourced Internal Audit and/or Information
- ---Communicates results to appropriate management, including
the preparation of audit reports that communicate audit results to
management in a clear, concise and substantive manner.
- ---Performs comprehensive risk assessments and adjusts work
plans based on the results of the assessments.
- Plans, prepares, directs and completes assigned tasks in an
efficient manner and within allotted timeframes.
- Monitors workload to meet billable hour expectations and
performs timely reviews of work products prior to submission to
Director/Associate/Manager for further review.
- Documents procedures performed, findings and/or other issues,
and drafts/compiles work papers, reports and client correspondence
exhibiting effective writing skills.
- Prepares for relevant certification exams until completed and
maintains the required CPE for firm and licensing
- Serves as one of the firm's prime contacts with clients and
- Builds and maintains trusted relationships with diverse group
of clients, team members, managers, and subject matter
- Provides leadership and facilitates collaboration amongst team
members and clients.
- Serves as a leader in the practice internally and externally,
and effectively takes advantage of leadership opportunities.
- Work/Life Balance: Paid Time Off, Paid Maternity/Paternity
Program, Paid Holidays, "Dress for your Day" policy, Volunteer
Opportunities, Fun In-Office Activities
- Financial Benefits: 401(k) Plan with Matching/Profit Sharing
Contribution, Voluntary & Group Life Insurance, Short- and
long-term Disability Insurance, Medical FSA, Dependent Care and
Adoption Assistance, Competitive Salaries, Employee referral
- Health & Wellness: Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision
Insurance, Employee Assistance Program, Wellness Program, Gym
Discounts, Health Savings Account, In-hospital Benefit Join our
team of professionals and take a firm step forward in your career.
With an established mentor program and defined career paths for a
range of specialties and skill sets, P&N is a place where
professionals of all experience levels thrive. Our Lifelong
Learning program, combined with technical training opportunities
for staff, ensure that this is a place where our employees can grow
- and with a rich office culture and a strong commitment to
work/life balance, P&N is a place where you'll be happy to do
so. Postlethwaite & Netterville (P&N), APAC is an equal
opportunity/affirmative action employer. Employment selection and
related decisions are made without regard to age, race, color, sex,
sexual orientation, national origin, religion, genetic information,
disability, protected veteran status or other protected
classifications. PEOPLE. GROWTH. CLIENTS. FIRM
Keywords: Postlethwaite & Netterville, Houston , Senior Consultant- Internal Audit, Accounting, Auditing , Houston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!