Company: Shook, Hardy & Bacon L.L.P.
Posted on: January 16, 2022
In collaboration with office managing partner (OMP) and EOT,
-responsible for overall office operations and strategic planning,
including staffing, professional development, practice management
support, quality control, risk management, delivery of services and
office performance. Individual shall also ensure close
communication and collaboration among offices, practice groups and
administrative leadership. -Strategic Planning & Practice
- Consistent with the firm's overall strategic plan, coordinates
with the OMP and other firm leadership in development of office
goals, objectives, and plans.
- Includes office in planning efforts to achieve appropriate
- Routinely monitors and updates leadership with progress against
objective and plans.Risk Management
- Helps ensure adherence to firm policies, including new
client/new matter intake process. - -
- Establishes and ensures quality work product, control polices
and systems, as well as appropriate risk management measures are
implemented and maintained.
- Monitors and maintains expertise in regional policies,
regulations or laws to ensure office compliance.
- Coordinates with OMP and firm leadership to ensure the firm is
informed of any changes to regional laws, policies or regulations
that may impact current firm policies and procedures.
- Works with OMP and firm leadership to develop training
associated with any regionally specific policies and
- Participates in office Business Continuity plans and
- Serves as the liaison to building management and security.
- Ensures all employees follow adequate safety procedures while
carrying out all duties.
- Works collaboratively with Records Management Department to
ensure record retention policies and procedures are documented and
- May participate in the updating of existing firm or department
- May consult with firm's General Counsel or other firm
leadership on risk management issues as they arise.
- May help navigate various business conflict issues.Talent,
Staffing & Professional Development
- Oversees the supervision, training, professional development,
and management of office professional staff.
- Coordinates with OMP on the evaluation process for office
- Provides input on promotion and compensation for office
- Consults with employees and supervisors to address performance
issues, resolves issues with guidance of Human Resources and Chief
of City Office Administration. Proactively identifies HR issues,
develops solutions and involves appropriate resources to ensure a
fair, positive outcome.
- Cultivates an inclusive environment and prioritizes the
recruitment and retention of diverse professional staff.
- Collaboration with firm leadership to ensure implementation of
appropriate mentoring and professional development programs for
office professional staff.
- Provides necessary tools to professional staff to achieve
- Continues pipeline to leadership by designating roles and
delegating areas of responsibility to other professional
- May assist OMP with associate and lateral recruiting and
integration strategies consistent with firm growth and talent
- May coordinate CLE activities and office involvement in
programs offered by the Professional Development Committee,
Diversity and Inclusion, or Learning and Development.Communication
- Works closely with and serves as a liaison with the Executive
Operations Team (EOT) and other administrative leaders.
- Coordinates with various key firm committees, including Search,
Associates, Diversity, and Professional Development.
- In collaboration with Chief of City Office Administration and
other Office Administrators, ensures appropriate coordination and
communications among offices.
- Collaborates with OMP and practice group leadership to
facilitate office meetings to discuss workloads, new matters, and
to engage in general exchange of ideas. Provides regular
communications to the office in these areas.
- Prepares for and participates in periodic meetings with firm
leadership and other Office Administrators.
- Participates in various ad hoc task forces related to firm
administrative needs.Client Development & Marketing
- Oversees the day-to-day management of professional staff to
provide superior customer service to the office, the firm and its
- Collaborates with OMP and participates in activities aimed at
elevating the office's profile and brand, including increased
partner participation rates in various efforts (e.g., identifying
and supporting involvement and acquisition of leadership roles in
local, regional, national bar groups or local courts).
- Collaborates with office (and other offices in state or region)
to identify emerging trends and issues; supports efforts to build
and showcase capability.
- May assist OMP or other practice group leaders to identify
optimal staffing plans and creative approaches for pitches and
RFPs.Economic Performance & General Office Administration
- In conjunction with OMP and EOT, prepares and oversees the
office expense budget.
- Manages the offices procurement process and coordinates the
purchases of office supplies and equipment.
- Monitors budget use throughout the year, and identifies budget
overrun or shortfall periodically to Chief of City Office
Administration. Manages budget within the agreed limits
- Works with OMP and practice group leaders to address office
productivity and capacity issues.
- Takes action to ensure short and long-term office profitability
goals are met.
- Provides leadership for implementation of firm's office space
strategy, including lease negotiations, office construction
projects, and implementation of flexible space strategies.
- Supports office activities, such as CLEs, client and marketing
events, office meetings, and holiday parties.
- May provide input for billing and collection support handled
out of the office.
- May assist OMP or firm leadership in assessment of regional
changes that may be different than firm policies and
Requirements: Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or
university; five years related experience and/or training; minimum
of two years of -supervisory -experience; or equivalent combination
of education and experience. Experience in law firm or office
Keywords: Shook, Hardy & Bacon L.L.P., Houston , Office Administrator, Administration, Clerical , Houston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!