Manager, Social Media and Content
Company: Greater Houston Partnership
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Who We Are
The Partnership is a place for community-minded business leaders
who want to be involved in Houston's positive growth and influence
the direction in which Houston is going. Through the dedicated
efforts of our members, the Partnership addresses Houston's unique
challenges and champions the growth and success of our region.
Since 1840, the Greater Houston Partnership has strived to make the
region the best place to live, work and build a business. We serve
over 1,100 member companies in the 11-county Houston region
including Austin, Brazoria, Chambers, Fort Bend, Galveston, Harris,
Liberty, Montgomery, San Jacinto, Walker, and Waller counties.
Join us as we work together to make Houston greater.
Today, We Are Looking For
The Partnership is looking for a creative and engaging
professional. The Manager, Social Media and Content is responsible
for ensuring that the organization's external digital channels
enhance the positioning of Houston's and the organization's brands
through thoughtful content creation and design and expert channel
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
Under the general direction of the Vice President, Marketing and
Communications, the Manager of Social Media and Content will:
- Collaborate across divisions to deliver an effective content
marketing strategy and editorial plan to support the work of the
Partnership's Economic Development, Public Policy, Membership and
Events, and MarCom teams' plans and goals.
- Write, produce and create various pieces of content including
articles, blog posts, social media posts, videos, emails,
- Support editorial content of various Greater Houston
Partnership publications and materials.
- Interview external and internal subject matter experts to
- Assist with the development of editorial calendars in support
of the strategies to ensure alignment of message and the ability to
execute in a timely fashion.
- Operate with a brand publisher mindset: create the content our
audiences are looking for and then optimize the path to conversion
- Assist with the measurement and optimization of the
- Collaborate with MarCom team to create content for digital
campaigns-both paid and organic.Digital Management
- Assist with the development and execution of digital channel
management strategy for all digital content hubs including various
websites (Houston.org and GHPHYPE.com) and various social media
channels including those for Greater Houston Partnership, HYPE, and
Live Work HOU
- Create content with a distinct voice for each of the
Partnership's social media "brands"
- Collaborate with Partnership MarCom teams to develop strategies
and tactics for effective utilization of digital channels to
achieve the organization's goals and objectives.
- Work with MarCom department and partner agency to maintain and
develop best strategies and integrations for the website.
- Work with VP of Communications to manage the organizations SEO
efforts and make adjustments for approvements
- Responsible for maintaining and understanding the light
technical side of website design, development, and maintenance
- Work closely with the Sponsorship team to develop and execute
social media obligations.
- Manage Social Media marketing and communications campaigns and
day-to-day activities including:
- Develop and execute the social media plan and strategy, helping
to drive the Partnership's overall marketing strategy.
- Create, and manage all published content (images, video, and
written) through social media tools.
- Create and maintain daily and monthly editorial calendar for
social media activity.
- Monitor, listen to, and respond to users while cultivating
leads and sales.
- Develop and expand community and/or blogger outreach efforts in
conjunction with the Partnership MarCom team
- Oversee digital design (ie: Facebook Timeline cover, profile
pic, thumbnails, ads, landing pages, Twitter profile, and blog)
personally or in conjunction with graphic designers
- Design, create and manage promotions and social ad campaigns in
conjunction with Partnership MarCom teams
- Monitoring of posts that mention the organization or its
initiatives (positive and negative) and reporting posts of any
- Respond in a timely manner to customer service inquiries and
current situations relevant to the organization Digital Analytics
- Analyze digital campaigns and translate anecdotal or
qualitative data into recommendations and plans for revising the
- Monitor effective benchmarks (best practices) for measuring the
impact of digital campaigns. Analyze, review, and report on the
effectiveness of campaigns in an effort to maximize results.
- Based on supporting analyses and industry best practices,
explore and recommend new channels for consideration along with
improvements to be made to existing channels. Other
- Work with confidential matters.
- Other duties as assigned. Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
The following knowledge, skills, and abilities are desirable for
- Proven editorial skills. Outstanding command of the English
- Training as a print or broadcast journalist with a "nose" for
the story is a plus though agency or corporate communications
experience with a focus on content creation and writing is also
valued. Training in how to tell a story using words, images, or
audio, and an understanding of how to create content that draws an
- Skill at both long-form content creation and real-time
(immediate) content creation and distribution strategies and
- Ability to deliver a clear articulation of the business goal
behind the creation of a piece (or series) of content.
- Project management skills to manage editorial schedules and
- Ability to work in video creation software to create social
- Experience with photography is a plus, but not required.
- Video editing experience is preferred, but not required.
- Knowledge of creating, executing, and managing paid social
- Experience executing and managing LinkedIn lead-gen ad
- Experience growing social media platforms
- Experience working with social media influencers is a plus, but
- Experience executing and managing Google Ads preferred, but not
- Advanced level proficiency in Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, and
- Fluency in web analytics tools (Google Analytics), social media
marketing applications (Sprout, HootSuite, etc.), and leading
social media monitoring platforms.
- Energetic and passionate about Houston.
- An aptitude for selling ideas.
- Possess a proven track record that demonstrates public
relations and business-to-business marketing skills.
- Excellent verbal, written, analytical, presentation, and
- Preference for working with internal and external contacts at
- Ability to prioritize simultaneous assignments.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Executes with excellence by consistently delivering on promises
to the highest standard.
- Ability to exercise mature judgment and tact.
- Professional appearance
- Collaborative both internally and externally; works with others
to achieve common goals.
- Nimble/Flexible to work some overtime and/or work on additional
projects, as necessary. Behavioral Competencies-Attributes,
Behaviors, and Competencies (ABC's)
Achievement Focus - Recognizes and acts on opportunities;
demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles.
Accountable- Willing to be judged; takes ownership; makes
decisions; overcomes obstacles; takes initiative and finishes a job
at a high level of excellence.
Judgment- Makes timely decisions; exhibits sound and accurate
judgment; supports and explains reasoning for decisions.
Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities,
contributes to building a positive team spirit, exhibits
objectivity and openness to others' views, gives and welcomes
feedback, and puts success of team above own interests.
Executes with excellence - Consistently delivers on promises to the
highest standards, appreciates and demands quality, goes the extra
Exceptional communicator- Communicates effectively and
persuasively, both verbally and in writing; can write prose with
proper grammar and syntax; listens actively; builds trust; uses the
appropriate media for the situation; knows what and when to
communicate to a particular audience.
Nimble, flexible- Adaptable; manages ambiguity; embraces change;
considers change vital in the pursuit of GHP's Mission; stretches
to get the job done.
Bachelor's degree in marketing or related field (master's degree
3-5 years experience in Marketing, PR, Communications, or related
- Good vision and hearing acuity (with adaptive aids if
- Manual dexterity and skillful use of computer keyboard.
- Physical exertion includes bending, pushing, standing, and
walking. Must be able to move or lift approximately 25 pounds on
occasion. Mental and Aptitude Requirements
- The job requires the ability to hear, see, and talk;
analytical, conceptual, problem-solving..... click apply for full
Keywords: Greater Houston Partnership, Houston , Manager, Social Media and Content, Advertising , Houston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!