Company: Gibson Energy Inc.
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Job status: Full Time Permanent
Department: Crude Oil - Canada
Apply Now! Application Deadline is May 19, 2022 at 11:59pm.
What it's like to Work Here
At Gibson Energy, we are powered by the diverse, skilled and
innovative talent of our employees to ensure safe and responsible
operations. Employees take pride in being a trusted member of our
communities where we live, work and play to create a positive
impact. It's our people that make coming to work everyday enjoyable
- sharing success together along the way.
The Gibson Way
Attracting and retaining the right people is key to our business
strategy. For over 60 years, Gibson Energy has been defined by
people who seize opportunities and make exceptional customer
service a part of everything we do.
But, what makes us different from other companies? Who are we and
why do you want to work with us?
The Business doesn't successfully operate without 'we' collectively
working together and 'I' contributing individually to achieve our
goals. Transitioning from words on the wall to actionable values,
provides a daily anchor for our colleagues and teammates to kick
start their day with energy. By staying true to our values, we will
continue to build a powerful presence in the industry, navigate
change more successfully, and dominate our competition!
The 'We & I' play a very important role in our success!
* Contribute & Add Value Everyday
* Keep Our Edge & Be Resilient
* Stay Focused & Open-Minded
* Work it Out & Do it Together
This is what we are all about and we encourage you to learn more!
Click Here: The Gibson Way
The Marketing Representative in US Supply & Trading is responsible
for identifying locations and opportunities to acquire and market
crude oil and then seek out and solicit prospective customers to
acquire crude supply in targeted producing basins. This position
will contribute to Gibson's US growth targets through lease
purchasing and supply business activities supporting Gibson's
infrastructure and assets.
What You'll Be Doing
* Maintains current and prospective supply customers and build
relationships with producers and refiners.
* Identifies potential truck, pipeline, and rail delivery options
for lease crude.
* Submits proposals to prospective customers for acquisition of
* Assists in developing transportation options for new and existing
* Builds working relationships with internal and external
* Responsibility to for determine pricing and economics on purchase
and sale contracts and managing profitability.
* Provides back-up on sales and trades.
* Demonstrates a personal commitment and proactive approach to
Environment, Health & Safety (EH&S) through participation in
all applicable EH&S programs and ensures safe operation of the
branch, team or unit and compliance with all Company EH&S
policies and procedures.
* May perform other duties as assigned.
What You Will Bring
* Bachelor's degree in marketing, finance, accounting, economics,
engineering, or related degree from an accredited university.
* Minimum 2-4 years of experience as a crude marketer is preferred
or related work as a marketing analyst or scheduler.
* Demonstrates knowledge of major basins and the players in the
* Ability to problem solve and condense detailed information into
key summary points.
* Demonstrates strong knowledge in working with MS Office
* Ability to self motivate and take initiative.
* Demonstrates strong interpersonal, communication, organizational,
and analytical skills.
* Ability to make sound commercial decisions and summarize key
* The majority of the work is performed in an office
* Gibson has adopted a hybrid work environment for Calgary-based
employees (Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday you're required to work
from the Calgary Head Office).
Gibson strongly encourages all applicants to be fully vaccinated
with the COVID-19 vaccine as soon as the vaccine is available to
you as Gibson considers vaccination to be a vital tool in the fight
against the pandemic. In the event that the Gibson Energy COVID-19
sight access policy becomes reinstated, proof of vaccination or a
negative COVID-19 test result is required for entry to all Gibson
locations, participation in all Gibson related activities, and for
business travel, unless an exemption is required by law. Gibson may
update its vaccination polices/requirements at any time in its sole
Please note: all employment offers are contingent upon completion
of satisfactory background check, which, depending upon the
position and function you are applying for, may include the
following: criminal background check, employment references,
employment verification, credit inquiry check and
In addition, if the position you are applying for is deemed safety
sensitive, applicants extended an offer will be required to undergo
a Drug & Alcohol screening process. All employment offers are
contingent upon a successful completion of this screening
Nearest Major Market: Houston
Keywords: Gibson Energy Inc., Houston , Marketing Representative, Advertising , Houston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!