Company: Sidley Austin LLP
Posted on: April 17, 2018
MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS JOB
The Marketing Manager is a recognized leader in the Marketing Department and serves as the go-to marketing resource for the office/region. In conjunction with the Director and office/regional leaders, s/he plans and manages a range of targeted marketing activities that align with client needs and support the business objectives of the office/region. S/he oversees signature programs and initiatives aimed at strengthening the profile of the Firm in the market and creating opportunities for Sidley lawyers to network and build relationships with key contacts.
The Marketing Manager can have direct supervisory responsibilities for Marketing Specialist, Coordinator and Assistant level professionals and is responsible for fostering a collaborative, high-performing team. Additionally, s/he may be required to lead cross-functional project teams and is expected to lead by example, mentor junior members of the team and embody the highest standards of service delivery. The role requires the development of strong and effective working relationships within the Marketing Department, as well as with other administrative departments and lawyers.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Leverages market awareness and industry best practices to recommend and facilitate innovative marketing solutions; this includes refining existing programs and establishing new initiatives as needs are identified.
* Plans and manages firm-sponsored programs for clients and prospective clients; oversees all event logistics, including invitations, mailing lists, handout materials, site management, speakers, visual presentations and follow-up.
* Develops, manages and monitors office marketing budget(s) for the office/region, including evaluating the return on investment (ROI) of initiatives.
* Leads implementation and maintenance of the Firm s CRM system in the office/region and leverages the system to connect lawyers, clients and other contacts.
* Leads the development and submission of office/regional directory rankings, awards and surveys to raise the profile of local practices, coordinating with global practice liaisons.
* Works with office/regional lawyers and global practice liaisons on the creation, editing and maintenance of external communications and collateral materials, including lawyer biographies, Sidley Updates, advertisements, invitations, website pages and social media content.
* Onboards and integrates lateral lawyer arrivals to the office/region, including face-to-face interaction with lawyers and other senior-level executives within the firm.
* Hires, manages and develops office/regional marketing staff. Oversees daily operations, delegates and reviews staff work. Manages professional development of staff, including goal setting, coaching and training. Prepares annual performance appraisals and provides timely feedback on performance.
* Attends and contributes to office and departmental leadership meetings, as needed.
* Ensures that department and firm processes and procedures are followed, to ensure the efficient and effective operation of the marketing team.
* Collaborates with other leaders within and outside the Marketing Department on special projects as needed.
* Leverages firmwide resources and opportunities to meet the needs of lawyers and practices in the office/region.
Qualification Requirements: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the Duties and Responsibilities (Duties) above satisfactorily and meet the requirements below. The requirements listed below are representative of the minimum knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job. If you need such an accommodation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org (current employees should contact Human Resources).
Education and/or Experience:
* A minimum of eight (8) years of marketing or business development experience in law firms or other professional services industry
* A minimum of two (2) years of direct personnel management experience
* A Bachelor's degree from an accredited four-year college or university, preferably in marketing, communication, business or related field
* Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects with competing deadlines and priorities and take initiative to lead projects
* Demonstrated computer experience: MS Word, PowerPoint and Excel
* Excellent writing, editing and proofreading skills
* Advanced degree in a related area, such as marketing, law, business or communications
* Experience managing a remote team across offices/regions
* Understanding of the local/regional market for legal services and competitive landscape
Other Skills and Abilities:
The following will also be required of the successful candidate:
* Strong organizational skills
* Strong attention to detail
* Good judgment
* Strong interpersonal communication skills
* Strong analytical and problem solving skills
* Able to work harmoniously and effectively with others
* Able to preserve confidentiality and exercise discretion
* Able to work under pressure
* Able to manage multiple projects with competing deadlines and priorities
Sidley Austin LLP is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Keywords: Sidley Austin LLP, Houston, Marketing Manager, Advertising, Houston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!