Immediate High School English Teacher
Company: KIPP Texas Public Schools
Posted on: January 16, 2022
KIPP Texas Public Schools is a network of 59 public charter,
open-enrollment, pre-k-12 schools educating nearly 34,000 students
across Austin, Dallas-Ft. Worth, Houston, and San Antonio. Together
with families and communities, our mission is to create joyful,
academically excellent schools that prepare students with the
skills and confidence to pursue the paths they choose -college,
career, and beyond-so they can lead fulfilling lives and build a
more just world.
Founded in Houston in 1994, and operating as KIPP Texas since 2018,
our commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and antiracism in
our classrooms, in our offices, and in the communities we serve is
unwavering. We are looking to hire a diverse team of dynamic,
collaborative, and dedicated individuals with an unyielding belief
that every child will succeed. Join our Team and Family and
champion equity, chase excellence, persist with purpose, bring joy,
and help us rise together.
KIPP Texas is part of the national KIPP network of 255
college-preparatory public charter schools in 20 states and the
District of Columbia. Nationwide, KIPP students complete four-year
college at a rate of 36 percent, comparable to the national average
for all students and approximately three times higher than the
average of students from low-income communities.
Every member of the Team & Family at KIPP Texas Public Schools
plays a critical role in ensuring our students have the skills and
confidence to pursue the paths they choose - college, career and
beyond. Our educators are passionate advocates for their students
and their families, working tirelessly to ensure that our students
have access to opportunity. In our classrooms and across the KIPP
family we embrace, honor and celebrate our differences across
several characteristics that construct our unique identities in our
little and big KIPPsters. We are especially committed to attracting
and developing individuals who share the life experiences of our
students because we believe the best work we do is grounded in the
realities and experiences of our families and KIPPsters. As a Lead
Teacher, you will deliver exceptional instruction and assess
student growth. You are dedicated to constant learning and
proactively provide academic and cultural support to your school
As a KIPP Texas Public Schools Teacher, your core responsibilities
Instructional Delivery And Assessment
- Develop year-long Texas State standards-based unit plans and
lesson plans that meet all students' learning needs.
- Use assessment data to modify short and long-term plans in
order to promote all students' academic performance.
- Embrace and incorporate feedback in the spirit of constant
Academic And Cultural Support
- Collaborate with content and grade-level teams to promote an
environment of critical thinking and academic rigor.
- Establish and maintain working relationships with students and
families based on trust and respect.
- Participate in the daily functions of the school such as
morning, lunch, and afternoon supervisory duties.
- Attend critical school events such as staff meetings, open
houses, and parent-teacher conferences.
- Develop individualized learning plans for students and
communicate these plans to families in parent meetings and
- Meet professional obligations including timeliness and
consistency in meeting deadlines. Qualifications
Skills And Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited four-year college or
- Demonstrated knowledge of core subject area assigned
- Satisfactory outcome of a background check. Employees are
responsible for a non-refundable fingerprinting fee (approximately
- Unwavering commitment to KIPP Texas mission, students,
families, and community
- Strong record of helping students achieve academic success,
primarily with students in educationally underserved
- Strong desire to teach an academically intense curriculum and
commit to an extended school day, week, and year
- Desire to continuously learn and increase effectiveness as a
teacher and professional; offer and receive constructive
- Willingness to be flexible and to go above and beyond to meet
the needs of KIPP Texas students
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO
Keywords: KIPP Texas Public Schools, Houston , Immediate High School English Teacher, Education / Teaching , Houston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!