Early Head Start Teacher III
Company: Gulf Coast Community Services Association Inc
Posted on: June 25, 2022
POSITION SUMMARY:The primary scope of this position is to plan
and implement high-quality early education and child development
services to Early Head Start (EHS) children including children with
disabilities. This position is responsible for the implementation
of the Head Start Performance Standards and all other regulatory
requirements for their assigned classroom.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES - Head Start Performance
Standard 1302.30 Purpose:
- Demonstrate knowledge of Gulf Coast Community Services
Association (GCCSA) mission, goals, policies and procedures.
- Demonstrate knowledge of Head Start's Performance Standards,
Early Learning Outcomes and other regulatory requirements.
- Communicate and collaborate with Child Development Specialists
and all content area staff to implement services that meet the
needs of children and families assigned to their classroom.
- Communicate and collaborate with teaching staff, substitutes
and volunteers to implement services that meet the needs of
children and their families assigned to their respective
- Provide leadership and direction to Teacher Assistants and/or
Teacher Aides assigned to their classroom.
- Ensure required tasks and supporting documentation are
completed timely and accurately including but not limited to home
visits, developmental screeners, parent conferences, assessments
and anecdotal notes.
- This job description in no way states or implies that these are
the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this
position. Employees will be required to follow any other
job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related
duties requested by their supervisor.
- This job description may be revised upon development of other
duties and changes in responsibilities.
Teaching and Learning Environment - Head Start Performance Standard
- Demonstrate responsive care, effective teaching practices,
including the implementation of positive strategies to support
children's well-being, and prevent and address challenging
- Ensure children's health and safety are in accordance with all
- Set up and implement a well-organized classroom that is
developmentally appropriate and inviting for infants and toddlers.
- Safeguard the equipment and materials assigned to classrooms to
ensure adequate supplies are available for all children.
Curriculum and Assessment - Head Start Performance Standard 1302.32
Curricula and 1302.33 Child Screenings and Assessment
- Develop and implement weekly lesson plans that include planned
and appropriate activities that align with the developmental
progressions described in the Head Start Early Learning Outcomes
Framework and are based on relevant child assessment data.
- Assess infants and toddlers assigned to their classroom and
demonstrate their knowledge, developmental stages, individual
differences and cultural background.
Parent and Family Engagement - Head Start Performance Standard
1302.34 Parent and Family Engagement in Education and Child
- Communicate and collaborate with parents to engage them in
their child (ren)'s learning.
- Conduct at least two home visits and at least two
parent-teacher conferences per family per program year.
Training and Professional Development - Head Start Performance
- Demonstrate on-going personal and professional growth and
development to meet program and regulatory requirements.
- Participate in coaching opportunities, including observation
and feedback sessions.
ESSENTIAL TRAITS/COMPENTENCIESEssential traits for this position
are as follows:
- Must be a self-starter.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with team members and
- Must be results oriented.
- Must have superior organizational and time management skills.
- Must be able to work independently or on teams in challenging
- Must have an exceptional aptitude for attention to detail.
- Must be able to prioritize and balance multiple projects and
deadlines in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment.
- Must be able to plan and complete tasks and assignments
on-schedule with minimal supervision using appropriate judgment.
- Must be able to exercise appropriate judgment, discretion,
maintain the confidentiality of all Gulf Coast Community Services
Association (GCCSA) stakeholders.
- Must be able to contribute to building a positive team spirit;
put success of team above own interests; support everyone's efforts
- Must be able to show respect and sensitivity for cultural
differences; promote a harassment-free environment.
- Must be able to treat people with respect and dignity; work
with integrity and ethically uphold the Agency's mission and
QUALIFICATIONS:The requirements listed below are representative of
the knowledge, skills and/or ability required. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform these essential functions.
Education/Experience:Bachelor's degree required, emphasis in Early
Childhood Education/Child Development Preferred or at least 18
credits in Early Childhood Education. Six (6) months in a similar
position working with infants and toddlers. General Education
Development and able to supervise and interact with a group of 4-8
infants and toddlers.
Communication Skills:Must have the ability to read and comprehend
intermediate to complex instructions.Able to write concise, logical
and grammatically correct written communication and the ability to
write simple and clear correspondence. Excellent oral and written
communication skills are necessary to interact with all levels of
management, colleagues and staff to ensure consistency and proper
Mathematical Skills:Basic math skills required.Computer Skills:Must
be able to work in a computerized environment and have intermediate
knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications including but not
limited to: Windows, MS Outlook, MS Word, MS Excel, MS Power Point
and MS Access.Licensing/Certifications:Must be able to provide
reliable transportation.Physical Demands & Work Environment:The
physical demands and work environment characteristics described her
are representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While
performing the duties of this job, the employee may regularly be
required to talk, hear, sit, walk, stand and use hands while
interacting with fellow employees. The employee must be able to
lift from the floor up to 50 pounds, reach overhead and to the
floor. The work environment is that which is typical of a classroom
setting. The noise level in the environment is usually very loud
Keywords: Gulf Coast Community Services Association Inc, Houston , Early Head Start Teacher III, Education / Teaching , Houston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!