Texas Certified Special Education Secondary Teacher (Bridge)
Company: The Monarch Institute
Posted on: November 27, 2022
Texas Certified Special Education Secondary Teacher (Bridge) The
Monarch School and Institute is dedicated to providing an
innovative, therapeutic education for individuals with neurological
differences-such as those associated with autism spectrum disorder,
attention deficit (hyperactivity) disorder, learning disabilities,
Tourette syndrome, mood disorders, anxiety disorders, traumatic
brain injury and seizure disorders. We offer a learner-centered
approach that helps students progress in Four Core Goal areas.The
Professional Educator is responsible for implementing the Monarch
Integrated Mythology in order to strengthen relationship
development with all students. Their primary responsibility is to
support student growth in each of the four core goals of The
Monarch School.REPORTS TO THE PROGRAM DIRECTOR EDUCATION
- Minimum Bachelor's degree.
- Valid Teaching Certification to meet state requirements
- Certification in Special education
- Certification in grade-appropriate Secondary Education
- Minimum of 3 years' experience as a Teacher with sufficient
time spent in the teaching of special education
- Professional Educators will learn and implement the Monarch
Integrated Methodology in order to strengthen relationship
development with all students.
- Professional Educators will work with and learn from the
Therapy Services department and Therapeutic Support faculty in
order to ensure consistent language, actions and experiences for
our students to support their therapeutic needs.
- Collaborates in the development and implementation of student
- Learns curriculum models as directed; e.g., social mapping,
cognitive coaching, relationship development (DIR -), sensory
integration, reflective teaching, problem based learning and
academic focus areas.
- Implements instructional strategies and programs as directed by
- Plans and implements lessons that address individual
differences and student learning styles.
- Supports and coordinates students' therapeutic agenda in
coordination with Leadership Team.
- Reports student progress in designated formats at specific
intervals and in a timely manner.
- Appropriately supports and supervises students/learners at all
- Supervises lunch, carpool, off-campus activities and
community/Greenstones meetings as scheduled or as necessary.
- Facilitates a Student Committee, if assigned.
- Builds Monarch community by supporting extracurricular and/or
social events beyond the school day.
- Cooperates with Program Director to set and attain yearly
- Participates in continuing professional education for the
improvement of the school as directed by the Program Director.
- Be knowledgeable about and able to reference the Faculty
Handbook and Parent/Student Handbook.
- Punctually attends and actively participates in staff meetings,
faculty meetings, and in-services as requested.
- Other duties as assignedSKILLS
- Demonstrates cooperative team skills and is collaborative.
- Supports and models the philosophy, goals, and visions of the
school in words and actions.
- Excellent organizational, communication and interpersonal
- Technology/computer skills-broad knowledge of MS Word, MS
Excel, MS PowerPoint, Promethean board, Google apps and web-based
learning.WORKING CONDITIONS Working conditions range in a wide
variety of challenges and deadlines. The best candidate should be
able to perform well under pressure, think logically, remain calm,
and be a great problem solver. Although the position is emotionally
rewarding, and provides endless opportunities to have positive
effects, it can be stressful at times. Ability to lift up to 40
pounds. Frequent standing, kneeling, stooping, and bending. Ability
to move desk, classroom equipment and adaptive equipment.Highly
professional, confidential, and friendly environment.Posted on:
Keywords: The Monarch Institute, Houston , Texas Certified Special Education Secondary Teacher (Bridge), Education / Teaching , Houston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!