Senior/Principal Consultant - Carbon Footprint Reduction
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood Carbon Footprint Reduction Consultancy has been established to
assist clients achieve their climate change ambitions. The Carbon
Footprint Reduction consultant will be responsible for the
management and development of a team of consultants who will
specialise in carbon accounting, constructing emissions
inventories, undertaking cradle-to-grave lifecycle analysis, and
providing third party verification services in the energy and
The team will be providing a full decarbonisation consulting
service with a strong technical engineering emphasis. The role will
provide advisory services to our clients: - supporting the delivery
of a comprehensive understanding of their current or projected
greenhouse gas emission baselines, industry benchmarks and supply
and demand solutions across the development lifecycle from
conceptual design to decommissioning.
At a strategic level, the team will work with clients to provide a
systematic framework for the management of decarbonisation
including defining overarching plan & detailed roadmaps with key
milestones, journey enablers, timeframes, drivers and identifying
on-route threats, risks, and uncertainties.
As part of a growing team, you will join a dynamic business taking
the lead in delivering the necessary understanding and engineering
solutions for clients as they embark on the road to a net-zero
future. The breadth of work across our business will provide you
with an opportunity to work across a wide range of projects and
clients globally, expanding your experience and expertise.
- Support and lead proposals to secure new work.
- Lead CFR studies and prepare and review study reports
- Assist clients to map energy and fuel usage and associated
carbon equivalent emissions.
- Assist clients to identify and screen reduction opportunities -
feedstock, fuels, power sources, process & applicable
- Work with clients to identify and cost the milestones on their
road to net-zero
- Develop business relationships with clients and partnerships
with in-house consulting teams.
- Project manage and lead multi-disciplinary teams of engineers
and other technical staff in the completion of Carbon Footprint
- Disseminate knowledge and expertise to team members and provide
oversight of their project delivery work
- Provide a technical interface and mange relationships with
- Accountable for the financial performance of any studies
Skills / Qualifications
Education & Skills:
- University Degree in Process Engineering, Engineering Science,
or a Sustainable Development-related discipline.
- Minimum 10 years' experience in energy sector.
- Demonstrated ability to lead business development and project
- Strong health, safety, and environmental mindset.
- Demonstrated proficiency in international best practices in
energy and carbon efficiency.
- Strong analytical skills
- Experience leading large multi-disciplinary teams.
- A confident communicator with excellent verbal and written
- Demonstrable high-quality report writing and presentation
- Good organisational and project management skills
- Background in decarbonisation studies
- Chartered to an internationally recognised Professional
- Good negotiation skills
- Second language
- Educated to degree level in a suitable subject
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across
energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to
some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide
consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60
countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a
diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and
without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list):
race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability,
sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or
other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing
Keywords: Wood, Houston , Senior/Principal Consultant - Carbon Footprint Reduction, Education / Teaching , Houston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!