Advisor Reservoir Engineering (Houston, GoM) Job
Company: Hess Corporation
Posted on: November 23, 2020
ABOUT HESS CORPORATION
Hess is a leading international independent energy company engaged
in the exploration and production of crude oil and natural gas.
We have an industry leading position in the Bakken in North Dakota
a key U.S. shale play. Hess is also one of the largest producers in
the deepwater Gulf of Mexico and a key natural gas producer and
supplier to Peninsular Malaysia and Thailand. The company is
engaged in exploration and appraisal activities offshore Guyana,
participating in one of the industry s largest oil discoveries in
the past decade, as well as the Gulf of Mexico, Suriname and Nova
Hess aims to attract, retain and energize the best people by
investing in their professional development and providing them with
challenging and rewarding opportunities for personal growth. We are
always looking for talented professionals who share our values and
are passionate about making a difference in the world and in their
careers. We strive to meet the highest standards of corporate
citizenship by protecting the health and safety of our employees,
safeguarding the environment and creating a long-lasting, positive
impact on the communities where we do business.
For more information about Hess Corporation, please visit our
website at Hess.com.
The Houston-based position reports to the GOM/Denmark Subsurface
Manager and will provide reservoir engineering support to the
Subsurface Team. The position requires experience in classical
reservoir engineering methods, reservoir simulation, uncertainty
analysis, identification of well and reservoir production
enhancement opportunities, production engineering concepts and
applications, business planning, economics, and reserves
evaluation. The incumbent will be part of a multi-disciplinary team
seeking to optimize the development strategy of the asset.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
* Contribute to maximize asset value, with focus on production and
reservoir optimization. Recommend production improvement
opportunities through a combination of different reservoir analysis
techniques. Use data analytics to understand and solve subsurface
or production related challenges.
* Forecast future wells performance for a range of development
scenarios using multiple forecast techniques.
* Monitor and analyze well surveillance, including data
acquisition; identity well performance characteristics; able to
participate and contribute to various data gathering and analysis
activities to enable asset optimization.
* Construct and update reservoir models (RTA, MBAL, CRM, Eclipse),
to assist with field development planning, ongoing reservoir
management and short and long-term forecast.
* Performs economic evaluations to support decision making
* Participate in monthly and annual business processes for short
term forecasting and budget preparation.
* Participate in the annual reserves process, preparation of
technical reports to Management, and preparation of audit
* Conduct/participate in appropriate Peer Reviews and technical
workshops; complete required Corporate technical assurance
* Provide one-on-one mentoring to less-experienced reservoir
engineers. Provide expert coaching to the asset engineers in
conducting the appropriate reservoir performance evaluation and
prediction studies. This could range from using analytic techniques
to advanced reservoir simulation studies.
* Ensure high quality standards for managing reservoir engineering
data, ensuring consistency with Hess guidelines.
* 10 years upstream Oil & Gas experience within an operating
company environment in Gulf of Mexico or similar deep water
* Proficiency in using well surveillance tools, e.g. RTA, PTA, OFM
etc. for identification of well performance characteristics and
* Proficiency in simulation of black oil and compositional
reservoirs (critical and near critical hydrocarbons). Ability to
independently build, tune, and HM models utilizing both limited and
robust data sets including fluid tracers, pressure gauges, and
* Proficiency in Classical Reservoir Engineering and Field
Development Planning production and reservoir surveillance and
* Strong computer skills and experience with technical applications
including Eclipse, , Petrel, Kappa, Petroleum Experts IPM (MBal,
Prosper, GAP), PVTsim, and Excel
* Effective interpersonal, communication (verbal and written), and
influencing skills are highly desirable; ability to lead
multidisciplinary projects and delivery quality work on time
* Self-starter, able to work independently, collaborate fully as
part of a multi-disciplinary team.
* Able to work in a fast-paced environment with tight
* Demonstrate track record of self-started initiatives to recommend
production improvement opportunities through reservoir analysis
* Proven application of data analytics to solve reservoir
engineering or production related challenges
* Experience with Enable (or similar) and DoE
* PEEP economic software
* CRM, Modified Hall plots, Intersect, and Spotfire
* Experience with SQL Server Management and SQL queries
* VBA & IPM OpenServer
Education, Training & Certifications
* BS or MS Engineering degree in Chemical or Petroleum
The Hess Way of Working refers to competencies considered absolute
pre-requisites for success. How you deliver results is as important
as what you achieve. Every employee is expected to demonstrate the
behaviors within these competencies to be considered an effective
performer and, ultimately, earn career growth opportunities.
* Builds Trusted Relationships
* Develops Talent
* Creates Effective Teams
* Thinks Strategically
* Inspires Innovation
* Demonstrates Courage
* Drives Continuous Improvement
* Makes Quality Decisions
* Delivers High Performance
Hess is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, gender, national origin, protected veteran status,
disability status, or any other characteristic protected by
Posting Notes: Anthony Wayne Vasut - Employee - Reservoir
Engineering - United States- Texas - Houston - - - - - No -
Keywords: Hess Corporation, Houston , Advisor Reservoir Engineering (Houston, GoM) Job, Engineering , Houston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!