Solutions Engineer - Oil & Gas (Houston, TX)
Company: Open Systems Internional
Posted on: February 22, 2021
Solutions Engineer - Oil & Gas (Houston, TX) Other U.S.
Locations Houston, Texas, United States Full time Open Systems
International, Inc. (OSI) www.osii.com is a fast-paced, growing,
high technology company, headquartered in Medina, Minnesota. As a
world leader in the Operations Technology (OT) field, OSI develops
and supplies state-of-the-art energy management, optimization and
control software solutions to energy utility companies worldwide.
In this position - located in our Houston, Texas office - you will
lead the development of state-of-the-art software product demos,
and product demonstrations for Upstream Onshore and Midstream
applications. In this position, you will have the following
- Manage the development, integration, and maintenance of
best-in-class product demos and visualization tools.
- Perform software installation, and configuration of the product
- Work closely with development, product management, and sales
teams to define product demo requirements.
- Manage, prepare, and perform product demos for sales meetings,
and trade shows.
- Perform technical evaluation of contracts and support of the
- Provide technical sales support on Upstream Onshore and
Midstream applications for real-time control systems. Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering, Petrochemical
Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Software Engineering, Computer
Engineering, or related technical field.
- 1-3 years of experience as technical Oil & Gas engineer,
software development, or sales support in Oil & Gas OT
- Ability to work under pressure with tight schedule and
- Ability to remain flexible and effective under pressure in a
- Strong time / project management and organization skills.
- Ability to learn quickly, independently research, identify and
solve technical problems.
- Ability and flexibility to travel to domestic and international
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge of computer programming. An introduction to C
programming at minimum.
- Knowledge of computer architectures, databases, and operating
- 3-5+ years of technical experience in Oil and Gas software IT
or OT development.
- Experience in sales demos in upstream and midstream.
- Strong technical background in automation and computers.
Familiarity in Oil & Gas utilities and energy companies. OSI offers
a comprehensive benefit package to our full-time regular employees.
Benefits include health, dental, life and disability insurance,
401(k) matching, bonuses, profit sharing and a generous amount of
paid time off and paid holidays. Additional perks include flexible
work hours, employee events, fitness discounts, casual dress code,
exciting travel opportunities, employee referral bonus programs,
and more. Check out our Life at OSI Facebook page to see more. As
an employee of OSI you will have access to cutting edge
technologies in a fun, professional, positive and dynamic work
environment. We have excellent opportunities for growth and
development. Open Systems International, Inc. (OSI) does not
discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, age,
national origin, marital status, disability, veteran status,
genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or any
other reason prohibited by law in provision of employment
opportunities and benefits.
Keywords: Open Systems Internional, Houston , Solutions Engineer - Oil & Gas (Houston, TX), Engineering , Houston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!