Network Architect and Engineer
Company: Associates Systems LLC
Posted on: February 23, 2021
The Network Architect & Engineer will:
- Review, evaluate, analyze, & assess existing and alternate
network capabilities or solutions of the Engineering Directorate
which includes: 8 divisions, 25+ buildings, 40+ labs & 400+ pieces
of network equipment (firewalls, routers, switches, firewalls,
- Identify and capture services of each lab and chamber of the
- Baseline requirements and services catalog of the entire
- Draft a future state approach for how to provide the common
network services for the Engineering Directorate.
- Develop Network Maintenance and Operations services catalog
- The Network Architect shall provide recommendations and
identify IT network improvement opportunities that that include,
but are not limited to:
- Life-cycle cost/benefit analyses
- Cost & resource estimations
- Transition strategies & implementation approaches that will
include proof of concepts, reduced impacts, phasing, etc.
- Performance optimization
- Increased capabilities
- Issue identification and resolution
- Faster onboarding
- Measures of performance, technical performance measures, and
key performance parameters.
- Hardware and system standards (models, performance,
- Appropriate security controls that will include Federal and
Agency IT Security compliance.
- Reduction of IT security impacts and related risks.
- Perform other duties as required. Required
Education/Experience/Skills: This position has been posted at
multiple levels. Depending on the candidate's experience,
requirements and business needs, we reserve the right to consider
candidates at any level for which this position has been
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university in a related
area, and--10 years of experience in the field or in a related
- Firewall configuration and advanced routing knowledge is
- Strong cost estimation & budget forecasting.--
- IT Project Management experience.
- AWS/Azure/Google Cloud Operations Experience.
- Excellent planning, communication, organizational and computer
skills, along with precise attention to details is required.
- Ability to create concise presentations for directorate and
center senior leadership.
- Good interpersonal and professional communication skills.
- Customer and relationship focused, process driven, results
oriented, organized. Requisition Preferences:
- Familiar with NASA System/Project Management including,--but
not limited to:
- NASA Procedural Requirements (NPR) 7123 Systems Engineering
Processes and Requirement.
- NASA Procedural Requirements (NPR) 7120.7 NASA Information
Technology Program and Project Management Requirements.
- Palo Alto, Juniper or Cisco Certifications.
- Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure or Google Cloud
Platform (GCP) Administration Certifications.
- Familiar with Zero Trust Architecture Principles and Methods
- Experience with complex Cisco WAN configurations and
- Familiar with NASA Agency Mission & OCIO IT
Communication/Network strategic plans.
Keywords: Associates Systems LLC, Houston , Network Architect and Engineer, Engineering , Houston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!