Active Directory Engineer
Company: Motiva Enterprises LLC
Posted on: February 23, 2021
Motiva is actively seeking an Active Directory Engineer. As a
member of the IT Shared Services team, you will be responsible for
Active Directory architecture, design and support of Motiva's
domain which provides all connectivity from end users to all
applications (On-Premise Data Centers, AWS, Azure, SaaS, etc.). We
are looking for a highly motivated self-starter and a change agent
with experience and desire to drive organizations to be successful
on the cutting-edge technologies (ServiceNow, Cloud Computing).
- Knowledge to develop and execute complex environmental changes,
including consolidation, platform upgrades, and divestitures of
Active Directory platforms.
- Design and architect Active Directory, and Azure AD
- Participation in disaster recovery plan and practice of
- Experience of working in a multi domain, multi forest based
complex environment, involving Child domains, and AD trusts.
- Monitoring changes to forest/domain root(s) and domain
controllers OU to ensure unauthorized changes do not occur
- Monitor and resolve security situations at all levels to ensure
a stable and secure forest
- Management and monitoring connectivity, synchronization,
replication, netlogon, time services, FSMO roles, schema, NTDS
database partitions, trust relationships, and Kerberos KDCs
- Manage group policy objects, including Domain Controllers
- Analyze and document existing Active Directory environment
- Policy monitoring and compliance
- Apply and enforce client standard naming conventions for
objects in the domain
- Monitor compliance with AD policies and standards.
- Provide Domain/OU Admins with assistance when requested. Basic
- 8+ years of Active Directory experience working in areas to
include application development, system administration or
- 6+ years' experience of automating work via PowerShell.
- 3+ years' experience with Microsoft Azure instances B to C and
B to B integrations with cloud providers.
- 5+ years' operating and supporting Active Directory in a large
- 5+ years' operating and supporting Group Policy in a large
- Demonstrated experience with at least one programming/scripting
- Demonstrated experience with securing all aspects of an
- Demonstrated experience in understanding networking
technologies and protocols.
- Experience in a technology-planning role.
- Solid understanding of IAM principles.
- Must have technology passion and staying current with emerging
- Problem Analysis and Solving Skills:
- Ability to solve a complex issue down to potential contributing
- Identify root case if possible or gather supporting evidence
- Analyze user requirements, procedures, and problems to automate
or improve existing systems
- Review computer system capabilities, workflow, and scheduling
- Scripting and automation experience.
- Experience in the Oil & Gas industry or related manufacturing
- Familiarity with cloud infrastructure, particularly AWS or
- Excellent writing and communication skills, including the
ability to develop analytical documents and present oral
presentations to senior/executive management.
- Interpersonal skills, to help negotiate priorities. Preferred
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Management of
Information Systems, or related business discipline(s) or
equivalent years of related experience Please note: We occasionally
amend or withdraw Motiva jobs and reserve the right to do so at any
time, including prior to the advertised closing date. Before
applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This
policy describes the processing that may be associated with your
personal data and informs you that your personal data may be
transferred to Motiva affiliates and service providers.. Motiva and
its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee
to process or consider your application for a career with Motiva.
Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorized Motiva
representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such
demand. Motiva participates in E-Verify. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual
orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status,
citizenship, genetic information or other protected status under
federal, state or local laws. Posted 8 Days Ago Full time 1547
About Us Smart. Focused. Agile. You can't teach motivation; it
comes from within. It's a driving force, a passion for performance,
a desire to succeed in all you do. At Motiva, we're in search of
motivated people. The ones who won't give up when challenges arise.
The innovators and the problem solvers. The ones who know there's a
better way - they just have to find it.
Keywords: Motiva Enterprises LLC, Houston , Active Directory Engineer, Engineering , Houston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!