Company: Orion Engineered Carbons
Posted on: April 10, 2021
Location: Kingwood, Texas
Primary focus of this role is working with key technology IT and
Business stakeholders to develop, execute and oversee the
enterprise Network & Voice communication roadmap.
- Assume responsibility for Network and Voice communication
roadmap. Plan, manage and execute related initiatives and projects.
Manage involved resources as Project Manager.
- Develop and maintain Network reference architecture, Standard
Operating Environment (SOE) and blueprints tailored to technical
and organizational requirements.
- Design, build and operate the global wide area network, local
area networks, wireless, and voice networks leveraging modern
technologies for integrating, connecting assets across all
- Ideate, enable and implement solutions leveraging latest trends
and innovations in the Network domain - e.g. SD-WAN, Voice over IP,
Cloud computing, Intent-based networking (IBN), Wi-Fi 6, 5G,
Internet of Things (IoT) Solution Design and Digital technologies
in collaboration with cross functional focus teams to drive
efficiency and innovation. Implement IT-OT network convergence and
standardization architectures allowing better integration of IT-OT
- Build and maintain vital relationships with business functions
and IT Operations. Establish and leverage communities of practice.
Act as subject matter expert and technical escalation point for all
Network products. Provide coaching and training to educate
customers, Systems Engineers and the broader IT team.
- Manage Network CapEx und OpEx budget, track cost and make
recommendations for future investment projects. Ensure appropriate
cost management. Execute all aspects of contractual topics incl.
revisions, negotiation and RFPs for related 3rd party
- Define, secure funding and deliver Proof-of-Values (PoV) with
the objective to evaluate vendors and new products to identify
fit-for-purpose technology providing business value.
- Lead relationships with cornerstone technology partners and
suppliers. Monitor performance and service quality to maximize
value proposition for all engagements and contracts.
- Play vital role in development and evolution of Cyber Security
maturity across the organization incl. IT and OT.
- Follow ITIL based service management processes, utilize
corresponding tools and best practices incl. Service Request-,
Incident-, Change-, Problem- and Knowledge management
- Provide transparency in form of status updates and reporting
for projects, KPIs and general work in regular intervals.
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science,
Mathematics, Engineering or other equivalent working
- Minimum eight (8) years of relevant, hands-on experience in a
global IT heterogenous Network Environment.
- Minimum five (5) years of relevant, hands-on experience in Wide
Area Network technologies.
- Strong business acumen and customer service orientation.
- Certifications from cornerstone vendors such as CISCO (CCNP or
CCDP level) and others.
- Agile delivery methods and/or formal project management
education are a strong plus (SCRUM, Lean, PMI, etc.)
- Strong experience in, Wide Area Network technologies and
related routing protocols (SD-WAN, DMVPN, EIGRP, BGP, etc.),
Wireless Network products (WLC, Aeronet, FlexConect, SSID, WPA2,
802. Ix, etc.), Local Area Network solutions and standards (VLAN,
GLBP, HSRP, spanning tree, VTP, etc.) and Voice over IP.
EOE AA M/F/VET/DisabilityAll qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against
on the basis of race, religion, and color, national origin, sex,
protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected
by federal, state or local laws.
Keywords: Orion Engineered Carbons, Houston , Network Engineer, Engineering , Houston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!