Solutions Dev Engineer for Element Platform Team
Company: Hewlett Packard Enterprise Development LP
Posted on: April 10, 2021
Search Hewlett Packard Enterprise Careers Solutions Dev Engineer
for Element Platform Team At Hewlett Packard Enterprise, we bring
together the brightest minds to create breakthrough technology
solutions that advance the way people live and work. What sets us
apart? Our people and our relentless dedication to helping our
customers make their mark on the world. We are a team of doers,
dreamers and visionaries; inspired by our purpose and driven by our
strategy. We live by our three values: partner, innovate and act.
Our legacy inspires us as we forge ahead, always pushing to
discover what's next. Every day is a new opportunity to advance and
grow ourselves, our company and the industry. Some people call it
an obsession, we call it a way of life. What you need to know about
the job Job ID: 1075936 Date Posted: 4/1/2021 Primary Location:
Houston, Texas Job Category: Engineering Schedule: Full time Shift:
No shift premium (United States of America) The Element Platform
organization is responsible for delivering the building blocks and
solutions that provide the basis for HPE GreenLake's
VM-as-a-Service offerings. Within this organization you will apply
advanced --subject matter knowledge to solve complex business
issues and will be regarded as a subject matter expert. Frequently
contribute to the development of new ideas and methods. Work on
complex problems where analysis of situations or data requires an
in-depth evaluation of multiple factors. Lead and/or provide
expertise to functional project teams and participate in
cross-functional initiatives. Act as an expert providing direction
and guidance to process improvements and establishing policies.
Represent the organization to external customers/clients. Exercise
significant independent judgment within broadly defined policies
and practices to determine best method for accomplishing work and
achieving objectives. Provide mentoring and guidance to lower level
How you'll make your mark:
- You will design and document complex solutions.
- You will build automation tools for deploying complex
- You will lead multiple project teams of other software systems
engineers and internal and outsourced development partners
responsible for all stages of design and development for complex
products and platforms, including solution design, analysis,
coding, testing, and integration.
- You will manage and expands relationships with internal and
outsourced development partners on software systems design and
- You will review and evaluate designs and project activities for
compliance with systems design and development guidelines and
standards; provide tangible feedback to improve product quality and
mitigate failure risk.
- You will provide domain-specific expertise and overall software
systems leadership and perspective to cross-organization projects,
programs, and activities.
- You will drive innovation and integration of new technologies
into projects and activities in the software systems design
- You will provide guidance and mentoring to less- experienced
staff members. About You:
- You have a Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science,
Information Systems, or equivalent.
- You have a minimum of 10 years of applicable work
- You have a minimum of 5 years of experience with the VMware
- You have experience with Agile development practices.
- You have experience with developing tools to automate
deployment of complex solutions.
- You have experience with enterprise storage and networking
- You have experience with SmartNIC technology a plus.
- You have experience with VMware NSX-V and NSX-T a plus.
- You have experience with build/release in a CICD pipeline a
- You have experience with delivering SaaS-based software a
- You have hands-on experience with developing complex solutions
using VMware software stack.
- You have extensive experience with multiple software systems
design tools and languages.
- You have excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- You have experience in overall architecture of software systems
for products and solutions.
- You have experience designing and integrating software systems
running on multiple platform types into overall architecture.
- You have experience evaluating forms and processes for software
systems testing and methodology, including writing and execution of
test plans, debugging, and testing scripts and tools.
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills;
mastery in English and local language. Ability to effectively
communicate product architectures, design proposals and negotiate
options at senior management levels.
- You collaborate well with peers, junior engineers, technicians
and external design partners. What we can offer you: Extensive
benefits, a competitive salary and participation in the shared
values and purpose that make Hewlett Packard Enterprise one of the
world--s most attractive employers! At HPE, our goal is to provide
equal opportunities, flexible work-life balance, and constantly
evolving career growth. If you are looking for challenges in an
exciting, supportive and international work environment, then we
definitely want to hear from you. Continue the conversation by
clicking apply now below, or directly via our Careers Portal at
www.hpe.com/careers.-- Join us and make your mark! Find out more
about us and follow us on: https://twitter.com/HPE_Careers HPE is
an Equal Employment Opportunity/ Veterans/Disabled/LGBT and
Affirmative Action employer. We are committed to diversity and
building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds,
perspectives, and skills. We do not discriminate and all decisions
we make are made on the basis of qualifications, merit, and
business need. Our goal is to be one global diverse team that is
representative of our customers, in an inclusive environment where
we can continue to innovate and grow together. HPE is an equal
opportunity employer/Female/Minority/Individual with
Disabilities/Protected Veteran Status My favorite thing about the
culture here is the amount of collaboration that goes on throughout
the company. Chris Rasberry Finance Project Manager With a company
as vast as HPE, you never know what's going to come up, so it keeps
you on your toes, excited for the next challenge. Kristine Steeter
AMS HR Operations and Global Services VP Related Content Shape the
Future of Business Explore insights and resources to help IT pros
shape the future of business. Experience a day in the life of
Hewlett Packard Enterprise employees. Find out what it's like to
in Houston Hewlett Packard Enterprise advances the way people live
and work. What sets us apart? Our people. Our people's relentless
commitment to partner, innovate, and act. Sign Up for Alerts Join
our talent community and get HPE news and job alerts delivered to
Search for a category or location (or both), select a suggestion
and then click "Sign Up." For information on the processing of
personal data by HPE please refer to the HPE Recruitment Notice and
HPE Privacy Statement . You can always withdraw or modify your
consent to receive marketing and sales communication from HPE. This
can be done by using the opt-out and preference mechanism at the
bottom of our email marketing communication or by following this
link to unsubscribe.
Keywords: Hewlett Packard Enterprise Development LP, Houston , Solutions Dev Engineer for Element Platform Team, Engineering , Houston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!