Sr Cloud Engineer OPEN TO 100% REMOTE
Company: H&R Block
Posted on: January 16, 2022
What You'll Do...
At H&R Block, we are modernizing our software architecture
which is generating a need for more talent. We are looking for
problem-solving, difference-makers to help us with new approaches,
challenges and designs working on complex systems.
We are investing heavily in our technology transformation, moving
to server-less infrastructure and cloud-native applications, as
well as a continuous everything approach - improvement,
development, testing, implementation, delivery, and learning. The
goal? Faster innovation.
Our people are the key to our success, and we are investing in
talent opportunities. We encourage learning, experimenting, and
exploration. If this type of innovation and learning is enticing to
you and if you embrace and implement Agile practices, we are
looking for you.
The Senior Cloud Engineer plays a key role in the enterprise
adoption of Azure Cloud offerings (Azure Kubernetes Service (AKS),
PaaS SQL, Cosmos, Application Service Environment (ASE), Service
Bus, SignalR, Redis, IaaS VMs). This includes participation in
developing an Enterprise approach to system specification,
engineering, operational, administrative, capacity management,
maintenance and support services for the H&R Block information
- Stay ahead of the Microsoft Azure product lifecycle for new and
existing PaaS offerings by performing proof of concept and other
efforts to vet new technology.
- Contribute to engineering efforts in Azure DevOps and CI/CD
pipelines that leverage Terraform Infrastructure as Code (IaC)
templates and modules. Further advance automation efforts towards
delivery of an enterprise self-service cloud resource provisioning
solution to be used by Enterprise DevOps teams.
- Design, deploy, manage and operate scalable, highly available,
and fault tolerant systems on Microsoft Azure Cloud
- Automate deployment, configuration, monitoring, and ongoing
support tasks for Cloud Environments, Operating Systems - RedHat
Linux, Microsoft Windows Server
- Work directly with App/Dev teams to further automate
infrastructure build and app deployments
- Scale infrastructure to meet rapidly increasing seasonal
- Work closely with App/Dev in the adoption of new MS Azure Cloud
features and services, including execution of technology proof of
concepts, pilots and production deployments
- Help lead incorporation of DevOps into daily engineering and
- Develop and improve operational practices and procedures
- Effectively coordinate support escalation communication;
participate in the development and maintenance of appropriate
project technical documentation including design, configuration,
- Engineer and orchestrate solutions that enable auto-scaling of
IaaS and PaaS services
- Develop enterprise cloud cost optimization solutions
What You'll Bring To The Team...
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or the equivalent through
a combination of education and related work experience.Work
- 5 years total IT experience
- 2 plus years' experience enterprise engineering in the Public
- Ability to provision Cloud Infrastructure
- Advanced skills in troubleshooting
- Cloud provider agnostic
- Legacy on prem data center infrastructure experience.
- Knowledge of Identity and Access Management discipline;
preferably Active Directory and Azure Active Directory.
- Experience and ability to work in IaaS or PaaS
- Knowledge of DNS, Load Balancing, Networking, Security
- Ability to develop automation and apply it practically to
enable efficiencies and eliminate manual tasks.
- Knowledge and experience in Infrastructure as Code; preferably
- Knowledge of DevOps, CI/CD and code branching concepts
- Programmatic skills that leverage languages and scripting
- Experience in automation, orchestration and configuration
- Functional understanding of inter-operational relationships of
various infrastructure components of an IT infrastructure including
but not limited to server systems, storage technology, network
technology, information security and operational knowledge of
- Strong oral, written and interpersonal communication skills and
customer service skills.
It would be even better if you also had...
- Experience in Azure
- VMs, VM Scale Sets, Redis Cache, Azure SQL, Azure Cosmos DB,
Azure Kubernetes Service (AKS), Containers, Azure SignalR, App
Service, Azure Functions, Storage, Azure Site Recovery
- Knowledge of Azure Policy
- Achievements in engineering of auto-scaling cloud solutions and
cloud cost optimization
- Experience with configuration management platforms and
solutions, preferably Chef
- Experience in programming languages and infrastructure such as
Terraform, Go, Python, C, C++, Ruby and scripting
- Understanding of GitOps principles
- Large enterprise environment experience is a bonus and
About H&R Block...
We're here to live our purpose-to provide help and inspire
confidence in our clients and communities everywhere. We take our
work personally, because we know what it represents: Families and
homes. Livelihoods and lives.
We've been true to that purpose since brothers Henry and Richard
Bloch founded our company in 1955. Since then, we've grown to
approximately 12,000 tax offices throughout the United States and
around the world. When you join our team, you'll add to the
momentum of a forward-thinking company-one that defined an industry
and is now leading its transformation.
Keywords: H&R Block, Houston , Sr Cloud Engineer OPEN TO 100% REMOTE, Engineering , Houston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!