Maintenance Shop Welder / Mechanic
Company: Republic Services
Posted on: January 16, 2022
POSITION SUMMARY: The Maintenance Welder performs repairs and
maintenance on vehicle floors, bodies, packing blades, rails and
- Cuts/welds repairs to vehicle floors, bodies, packing blades,
- Welds steel and aluminum components using Mig and arc welding
- Bends steel components using a break ad shear.
- Cuts steel using a plasma cutter or torch.
- Fabricates steel components on trucks.
- Follows all safety policies and procedures.
- Completes required paperwork.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
- Attention to Detail - Notices the small things that others
often overlook. Makes sure that every aspect of the overall task is
- Communication - Provides supervisors and co-workers with the
information they need to maintain the equipment. Conveys
information in a timely and accurate manner in written
- Customer Service - Within reason, does what it takes to meet
expectations of internal and external customers. Acts in a
professional, courteous and cooperative manner towards customers
- Dependability - Is someone supervisors and coworkers can count
on. Follows through and does what he/she says he/she will do. Shows
up for work on time and adheres to the established work
- Ethics - Adheres to the policies and rules set forth by
Republic Services. Does not bend the rules or cut corners. Is
trustworthy and honest.
- Safety Orientation - Follows and promotes Republic Service's
safety rules and procedures. Recognizes hazards and anticipates
danger. Does not take inappropriate risks.
- Troubleshooting - Diagnoses existing problems and predicts
potential problems in equipment. Determines root causes of
mechanical and other operating failures and chooses the best repair
- Equivalent of high school diploma or G.E.D. certification.
- Valid driver's license.
- Minimum of 1 year welding experience.
Bonus Plan Details (if applicable):
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender
identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected
veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic
protected by applicable law.
The statements used herein are intended to describe the general
nature and level of the work being performed by an employee in this
position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive
list of responsibilities, duties and skills required by an
incumbent so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a
contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion
of the Company.
Keywords: Republic Services, Houston , Maintenance Shop Welder / Mechanic, Engineering , Houston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!