Data Engineer Supply Chain
Posted on: January 16, 2022
HP is the world's leading personal systems and printing company,
we create technology that makes life better for everyone,
everywhere. Our innovation springs from a team of individuals, each
collaborating and contributing their own perspectives, knowledge,
and experience to advance the way the world works and lives.We are
looking for Visionaries with an Entrepreneurial spirit to join our
PC Supply Chain Data Science team. Make an impact as you pioneer
and shape innovation into our global supply chain helping to drive
data based decisions and working cross functionally to solve
business and technology problems.Responsibilities
- Leads one or more project teams of other data engineers for all
stages of design and development for complex, secure and performant
data solutions and models, including design, analysis, coding,
testing, and integration of structured/unstructured data.
- Builds and manages relationships throughout the
- Reviews and evaluates designs and project activities for
compliance with architecture, security and quality guidelines and
standards; provides tangible feedback to improve product quality
and mitigate failure risk.
- Provides domain-specific expertise and overall data systems
leadership and perspective to cross-organization projects,
programs, and activities.
- Drives innovation and integration of new technologies into
projects and activities in the big data space.
- Collaborates and communicates with project team regarding
project progress and issue resolution.
- Represents the data engineering team for all phases of larger
and more-complex development projects.
- Provides guidance and mentoring to less experienced staff
members; advises and helps identify future projects
- Write data aggregation and integration scripts; e.g. ETL,
- Write and deploy REST API's for internal consumptionKnowledge &
- Extensive experience with data engineering tools, languages,
frameworks to mine, cleanse and explore data.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Fluent in NoSQL & relational based systems.
- Strong experience in overall architecture of big data systems,
- Designing data systems/solutions to manage complex data in
complex, distributed and massively parallel systems.
- Evaluating forms and processes for database architecture
testing and methodology, including writing and execution of test
plans, debugging, and testing scripts and tools.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; mastery in
English and local language.
- Ability to effectively communicate product architectures,
design proposals and negotiate options at senior management
- Familiar with building architecture in the Cloud (AWS or
- Experience building end-to-end pipelines and deploying in the
Cloud (AWS or Azure)
- Proficiency in dealing with big data (Hadoop, Spark)
- Experience in writing production ready scripts
- Experience with apps/bots preferredScope & Impact
- Collaborates with peers, junior engineers, data scientists and
- Typically interacts with high- level Individual Contributors,
Managers, Directors and Program Core Teams.
- Leads multiple projects requiring data engineering solutions
- Drives design innovation.Education & Experience
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Information
Systems, Engineering, or equivalent.
- Typically 6-10 years' experience.
You're out to reimagine and reinvent what's possible-in your career
as well as the world around you.So are we. We love taking on tough
challenges, disrupting the status quo, and creating what's next.
We're in search of talented people who are inspired by big
challenges, driven to learn and grow, and dedicated to making a
HP is a technology company that operates in more than 170 countries
around the world united in creating technology that makes life
better for everyone, everywhere.
Our history: HP's commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion -
it's just who we are.From the boardroom to factory floor, we create
a culture where everyone is respected and where people can be
themselves, while being a part of something bigger than themselves.
We celebrate the notion that you can belong at HP and bring your
authentic self to work each and every day. When you do that, you're
more innovative and that helps grow our bottom line. Come to HP and
Keywords: HP, Houston , Data Engineer Supply Chain, Engineering , Spring, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!