Company: Bowman Engineering & Consulting (BEC)
Posted on: June 25, 2022
Bowman Engineering & Consulting, Inc. is looking for a
Transportation Highway/Roadway Engineer for projects in Houston,
Texas.Job DescriptionThe Transportation Highway/Roadway Engineer
provides lead engineering support on roadway and transit projects.
Works with a team of engineers, consultants, and other providers to
accomplish project milestones and project deliverables that may
include schematic and PS&E level design for urban and rural
- Lead project design teams to accomplish task assignments
related to transit and roadway preliminary and final design for a
variety of transportation projects in accordance with federal,
state, and local guidelines.
- Support Project Manager with adhering to project scopes,
budgets and schedules, client interaction, and implementing QA/QC
- Use MicroStation, GEOPAK, InRoads and OpenRoads software to
develop transportation design projects.
- Produce 3D geometric designs for roadway & highway horizontal &
vertical geometry, intersection and interchanges, traffic control
plans, utility layouts, cross sections, and detail sheets.
- Actively participate in implementing improvement initiatives to
improve project quality and technical capabilities.
- Train members of project design team on various design tasks
- Support proposal development, project scoping and client
relationship development.Required Qualifications
- Bachelor of Science degree in Civil Engineering.
- Licensed Professional Engineer (PE) in the state of Texas.
- Minimum 12 years' experience as an engineer.
- Minimum 8 years progressively responsible design and/or project
management experience with transportation projects.
- Comprehensive experience with design standards and guidelines
(MUTCD, AASHTO Green Book, AASHTO Roadside Design Guide, Highway
Safety Manual, Highway Capacity Manual, etc.).
- Advanced capabilities in MicroStation, GEOPAK, InRoads and
- Effective communication skills, both oral and written, and able
to work well in a team environment.
- Detail oriented and self-starter.
- Good problem-solving skills.Desirable Qualifications
- Experience with Autodesk Civil3D a plus.
- TxDOT precertification in applicable design categories a
plus.Job descriptions are subject to change as the needs and
requirements of the job change. The responsibilities listed above
are intended only as a general description of the work that may be
performed. Specific responsibilities and duties not included does
not exclude them from the position.Employment Type: Full TimeYears
Experience: 10 - 15 yearsBonus/Commission: No
Keywords: Bowman Engineering & Consulting (BEC), Houston , Other Engineer, Engineering , Houston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!