Engineer V, Data Engineering/Data Scientist-Telemetry-Remote
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Do you want to make a meaningful difference in the quality of
healthcare? Omnicell is empowering health systems and pharmacies to
radically transform the way they manage medications, so they can
achieve the vision of the Autonomous Pharmacy. Thousands of
hospitals, pharmacies, skilled nursing facilities and care homes
trust Omnicell to provide continuous innovation. They need us to
deliver solutions to meet the ever-evolving challenges of the
healthcare landscape. We encourage creative problem solving and
outside-the-box thinking that only a diverse, well-rounded
workforce can bring.
Join us as we build on our powerful combination of advanced
automation, predictive intelligence, and expert services to create
a safer future for patients-one where medication errors are a thing
of the past. You'll be joining an organization whose culture
encourages individual development, rewards intellectual curiosity,
and embraces an inclusive environment. Join our growing company and
help shape the future at Omnicell!
Leveraging the power of big data, IoT, and data science, Omnicell
Customer Experience Intelligent Insights (CxII) team is on a
mission to optimize customer experience through data driven
business decision making and predictive telemetry. Center to the
mission is the data warehouse. We are hiring a Principle Software
Engineer/Database Architect who will be a key member of the
technical team to design and build a new data warehouse as well as
high impact analytics applications. This position is open
- Needs understanding. Analyze and determine the greatest value,
based on return and effort, that can be delivered to the CX
- Lead/participate in the full lifecycle of the data warehouse
design from gathering and understanding available data sources,
end-user analytics and reporting needs; architecting solution;
detailing the technical design. Develop various data warehouse
components: data integration (ETL), databases, and metadata with
both traditional and big data technologies.
- Lead/participate in ad hoc analytics projects from requirement
gathering, to hands-on implementation, to end-user training.
- Represent the team to interface with internal and external
customers and partners.
Knowledge / Skills:
- Strong understanding data warehousing, ETL, business
intelligence, analytics, machine learning, and data
- Large scale telemetry pipelines architecture, implementation
and optimization, IoT, data modeling and analysis
- Cross organizational collaboration and coordination
- Defining solution based on business needs and data
- Extensive experience in designing and building for data
- Extensive data engineering experience in big data (Hadoop,
Spark, Hive, Python, ---) and Microsoft SQL environment (MS
- Experience business intelligence system development (Tableau,
- Self-starter and analytical thinker that can work independently
and drive projects forward.
- Strong skills in communicating and presenting data-derived
insights to non-technical audiences appropriately.
- A track record of mentoring, managing, or leading junior
analytics or data engineering staff.
- BS in Computer Science.
- 15+ year of professional experiences, including 5+ years of
experience in designing and building new big data-based data
warehouse systems and running ETL operations.
- Experience in building business intelligence solutions.
- Experience in handling large datasets and expertise in big data
as well as Microsoft database technologies.
- Domain knowledge and past experiences in health care,
medication management, patient care, etc.
- Knowledge and experience in applying machine learning/AI to
solve real world problems.
- Experience with Omnicell systems.
Keywords: Omnicell, Houston , Engineer V, Data Engineering/Data Scientist-Telemetry-Remote, Engineering , Houston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!