Mechanical Engineer (Cryogenic & LNG)
Company: EnQuest Energy Solutions
Posted on: August 7, 2022
EnQuest Energy Solutions is currently seeking a Mechanical
Engineer with experience in cryogenics and liquid natural gas
(LNG). In this position, you will be a key part of our
organization. As a member of our team, you will conceive, design,
and produce cryogenic and LNG-related items for the oil field
industry. You will have the opportunity to join a rapidly growing
business with a history of delivering world-class products that
meet our client's rigorous needs. We are always seeking to discover
new technologies, assembly techniques, materials, and process
improvement methods to bring more value to our customers.
Primary Functions & Responsibilities
- Responsible for leading the engineering and technical
development of LNG tanks for mega and/or multiple LNG projects in
support of group business strategies
- Oversee, perform, and check LNG tank calculations and design
using both computer-aided and/or manual techniques for roof air
raising, perlite volume, hydro-testing, N2 purging, cooldown, BOG
generation, tank net capacity, pump out, etc.
- Review/comment/approve engineering deliverables, including
philosophical documents, datasheets, specifications, plans,
procedures and drawings, P&IDs, and calculations.
- Carry out engineering analysis, design specification, and
procedural work as required to ensure safety in design and
integrity in design assurance of installation of
mechanical/electrical / instrumentation / civil and structural
components of the LNG Tank, including foundation/piling.
- Provide technical support to the site contractors and resolve
all LNG tank-related technical issues. Prepare technical
guidelines/work instructions as required.
- Ensure the completion of required LNG tank design reviews
- Prepare/review scopes of work for third-party contracts
- Identify deviations in job scope, estimate the magnitude of
changes, and initiate trends or change orders.
- Design component and assembly concepts and identify cost
reduction and product improvement opportunities.
- Create 3D models of new mechanical components and
- Develops, evaluates, and improves manufacturing methods,
utilizing knowledge of product design, materials and parts,
fabrication processes, tooling and production equipment
capabilities, assembly methods, and quality control standards.
- Work with other engineers to ensure that thorough engineering
analyses have been completed and risks to cost, quality, and
delivery have been identified.
- Conduct design reviews to share your work and gather feedback
for alternatives and improvements.
- Rapidly iterate through the design process to arrive at a
solution that meets cost, quality, and delivery objectives while
meeting key product specifications.
- Work closely with our purchasing team and vendors to source and
- Collaborate with team members in our manufacturing facilities
to introduce new products and components.
- Troubleshoot manufacturing and customer issues.
- Assure a high standard of quality in your work and the work of
others on your team via good design principles, process
improvements, safety, aesthetics, smart testing, and review
- Stay aligned to EnQuest's cultures and values.
- BS in Mechanical Engineering from an accredited College.
- Licensed Professional Engineer (PE)
- Technical understanding of natural gas liquids extraction,
cryogenic processes and natural gas liquids storage processes and
equipment, process optimization, data analysis, project management,
operational best practices, and process safety.
- Thorough knowledge of mechanical engineering fundamentals.
- Proficient with Solidworks or similar parametric CAD
- Familiarity and hands-on experience with metal
- Excellent communication skills.
- Skillful at solving problems with enthusiasm and
- Manual dexterity is required to use desktop computers and
- Sitting or standing for extended periods of time.
Keywords: EnQuest Energy Solutions, Houston , Mechanical Engineer (Cryogenic & LNG), Engineering , Houston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!