Company: TAS Energy Inc.
Posted on: August 7, 2022
TAS Energy Inc. is in need of a Manufacturing Engineer with a
minimum of three years of experience in manufacturing or industrial
engineering with a background in process improvement. Jump start
your career by applying TODAY!
POSITION OVERVIEW:The Manufacturing Engineer's main role will be to
support the production operations. The Manufacturing Engineer will
evaluate manufacturing processes by designing and conducting
research programs and applying knowledge of product design,
fabrication, assembly, tooling, and materials.KEY JOB
- Evaluate production activities through data analysis to
identify opportunities for improvements in productivity, material
flow, safety, quality, and cost. Prioritize actions to be taken,
establish schedules for completion, and implement the necessary
measures to realize savings.
- Responsible for the implementation of key elements of Lean,
such as: Standardized Work Instructions, Value Stream Mapping, and
- Conduct time studies and audits as appropriate to validate and
adjust labor estimates to reflect actual costs.
- Work with vendors in determining product specifications and
evaluating products according to quality standards and
- Facilitate and/or lead cross-functional teams with Engineering,
Production and Estimating in support of driving efficiencies and
eliminating non-value-added activities.
- Collaborate with design engineering in concurrent engineering
efforts to ensure manufacturability. Proactively identify
opportunities for improved manufacturability and coordinate
implementation with design engineering and operations
- Provide shop floor feedback on product design and
manufacturability issues to Engineering and DFMs
- Document and track all cost savings and process improvements
- Evaluate Quality data and implement improvement activities to
ensure all quality requirements are met.
- Plan and execute facility and work cell layout modifications
based on planned products and workload to optimize material and
- Develop, design, justify and implement appropriate production
tools, equipment, and other assets to maximize labor efficiency and
reduce total cost.
- Support estimating function by providing estimates of direct
labor and raw material costs as required. Develop and maintain cost
models for various activities for use in estimating.
- Responsible for the implementation of key elements of Lean,
such as: standardized work instructions, Value Stream Mapping, and
- Implement process improvements to achieve manufacturing
excellence in areas such as process yield (e.g., First Pass Yield),
cycle time reduction and productivity.EDUCATION & TRAINING:
- 3 or more years of experience in manufacturing/Industrial
- BS / MS in Mechanical, Manufacturing, or Industrial
- LEAN / Six Sigma Green Belt certification is a plus.
- Understanding of Fabrication, welding & assembly process.
- Proficiency in SolidWorks & AutoCAD
- Good understanding of, and experience in implementing LEAN
- Relevant experience in a make to order/engineer to order
project environment.RELEVANT WORK EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of 3 years of experience as an Industrial /
Manufacturing Engineer, Operations Manager, other related role in a
heavy/industrial manufacturing environment.
- Previous experience in development of fixtures & Jigs.
- Familiarity with Fabrication, Welding & Assembly
- Experience in developing & monitoring Labor Budgets, EVA
- Proficiency in ERP system is required.
- Experience in implementation of Lean Processes such as
Standardized Work Instructions, 5S, Process Improvement Initiatives
- Experience in development of Process Standards & Capacity
metrics such as First Pass Yield, production rates etc.
- High proficiency in Blueprint reading and P&ID
interpretation. PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:Ability to
exert up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible
amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull
or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Performs other
physical activities including use of fingers, stooping, crouching,
talking, hearing, and performing repetitive motions. Visual acuity
requirements include color, depth perception and field of vision
necessary to prepare and analyze data and figures, operate a
computer terminal, and conduct extensive reading. The incumbent
will be subject to inside environmental conditions. The ability to
work overtime and some weekends will be required.COMPANY
OVERVIEW:Join a team driven to excel in all that we do! When you
join TAS, you join a Houston-headquartered private company with a
solid reputation built on outstanding value, integrity and customer
focus. We offer our customers and employees the best of both
worlds: a small company feel with the resources, talent, process
and international reach of a large company.TAS delivers innovative
packaged modular systems that are engineered and manufactured in
one of our Houston, TX facilities and utilized in data centers,
power and commercial/industrial utility system applications. TAS
has successfully delivered and commissioned over 520 packages to
over 33 countries. The company is headquartered in Houston, TX and
has three ISO 9001 certified manufacturing facilities in Houston,
encompassing 600,000 sq. feet with close proximity to major
shipping ports and interstate highways. TAS manages all logistics
and transportation facilitating accelerated construction at
customer's facilities.TAS' fastest growing business is the data
center market. By applying deep expertise in cooling,
thermodynamics and power, TAS has developed an entire product line
that revolutionizes data center delivery. With our tremendous
market potential, advanced technological systems, entrepreneurial
culture as well as a talented and productive workforce, we continue
to set and exceed aggressive market penetration and financial
goals. More information is available at the company website at:
www.tas.com. IMPORTANT NOTICE: TAS has implemented a non-smoking
hiring policy effective January 1, 2012 under which Individuals
considered for employment will need to pass a drug test which
includes a nicotine panel. The above declarations are not intended
to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of
the job described, nor are they intended to be such a listing of
the skills and abilities required to do the job. Rather, they are
intended only to describe the general nature of the
job.Applications and resumes will be kept on file for a limited
time and that the Company is under no duty or obligation to contact
applicants if they are not selected for the job applied for or if
other jobs become available in the future. Applicants that desire
to apply for a job that becomes available at the Company in the
future, should submit a new employment application or resume.TAS
Energy Inc. guarantees equal employment opportunity to all
qualified applicants. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment, without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national
Keywords: TAS Energy Inc., Houston , Manufacturing Engineer, Engineering , Houston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!