Posted on: August 7, 2022
Project EngineerRemote opportunity and occasionally travel about
25%, depending on locations.Pay Range: $90,000 to $110,000 annually
Safety / Quality Assurance / Risk Management/ IMS and general
- Achieve high safety performance by applying all safety rules
within the project.
- Ensure that required safety action plans are defined and
- Ensure compliance with applicable Group Standards and
applicable regulations throughout the project lifecycle.
- Prepare and conduct the capitalization review and share
feedback within the organizationJob
- Work with the Business Developer to develop the most
competitive economical & technical solution compliant to the
specification and valid rules.
- Identify, gather and validate all local information and
requirements to be considered for the full integration
- Establish the overall project execution strategy considering
the risks evaluation and mitigation .
- Prepare the key project deliverables such as technical
solution, scope, budget, planning, risks, staffing plan, inspection
and test plan, communication plan etc
- Ensure the technical integrity of the proposal and consistency
between the commercial & contractual offer and the project
- Participate in negotiation and support the business developer
to deliver a competitive offer
- Ensure the compliance of the project to applicable Group
standards, rules and systems and to the relevant external rules and
- Manage the Project Execution including construction and
commissioning with excellence and achieve the project KPI's, as
defined during the Handover (Technical Performances, Capex,
- Work with all project stakeholders (procurement, SAFECOR,
legal, BDs, Operations, vendors, customers, local
administrations---) up to transfer to Operations.
- Select vendors, contractors with the support of the procurement
- Manage changes and support negotiation(s) with the client
(internal or external)
- Manage risks and ensure that effective mitigation plans are in
place.Knowledge and Specific to the job:
- Very good knowledge of project management methodology tools and
techniques. Ideally PMI certified
- Experience in working with EPC, Engineering, Procurement groups
and Construction Contractors
- Technical background in industrial gas, industrial projects,
ideally in ASUs, Large On-Site, H2/He Filling Facilities and
LCO2/Dry Ice Plants.
- General knowledge of engineering disciplines and industrial gas
plants operation & maintenance
- Resourceful and connected.Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering preferred
- Knowledge of either Mechanical, Chemical, or Electrical
- Familiar with the range of technologies (compression,
refrigeration, purification, instrumentation, electrical, controls
etc) in use by major industrial gas suppliers at the ASUs, Large
On-Site, H2/He Filling Facilities and LCO2/Dry Ice Plants.
- At least three (3) years of progressively responsible industry
experience in Project Management
- Ideal candidate will have experience with managing projects
from cradle to grave and understand all of the related challenges
in the entire project life cycle Management and behavior skills:
- Results oriented. Influential team leadership skills, good
interpersonal and communication skills.
- Organized and to work in challenging, changing and .
- Strong safety and reliability mindset.
- Commercially smart.
- Autonomous and decision maker.Computer Skills:
- Basic knowledge of Google Kite
- Proficient in Microsoft Project with schedule management skills
for preparation of Gantt Charts
- Proficient in AutoCAD with drafting skills for preparation of
P&ID's, electrical one line diagram and site layout
drawingsCERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
desiredAbout Airgas Airgas, an Air Liquide company, is a leading
U.S. supplier of industrial, medical and specialty gases, as well
as hardgoods and related products; one of the largest U.S.
suppliers of safety products. Through the passion and diversity of
its 18,000 associates, Airgas fosters a culture of safety, customer
success, sustainability and innovation. Airgas associates are
empowered to share ideas, take initiative and make decisions.
Airgas is a subsidiary of Air Liquide, a world leader in gases,
technologies and services for Industry and Health. Air Liquide is
present in 78 countries with approximately 64,500 associates
globally. Join us for a stimulating experience: you'll find a world
of learning and development opportunities where inventiveness is at
the heart of what we do, in an open, collaborative and respectful
Keywords: Airgas, Houston , Project Engineer, Engineering , Houston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!