Global Engineering Manager
Company: Verdant Specialty Solutions, Inc.
Posted on: September 24, 2022
About Verdant Specialty Solutions
Verdant Specialty Solutions is a global specialty chemical company.
Its customers include world-leading personal care and home care
brands, energy solutions providers, and industrial companies.
Verdant's vision is to be the go-to provider of batch specialty
surfactant-based chemistry for applications in the consumer and
industrial markets. Based in Houston, the company has nine
locations in the US and Europe. Verdant's international team of 280
employees are committed to safety, quality, and supply
Why Join Verdant?
Opportunities for growth Verdant is a fast-growing company that has
the spirit of a small business. The company was formed in May 2021,
so every employee plays an important role in culture and
performance. It offers a dynamic 'start up' atmosphere with
opportunities for professional growth.
Committed to safety Despite having the spirit of a small business,
Verdant rivals larger companies in its commitment to safety.
Verdant prides itself on industry-leading environmental, safety,
health and quality standards. At Verdant, there is no priority
higher than safety
About the position We are looking for a Global Engineering Manager,
located in Houston, Texas. The Global Engineering Manager is
responsible for the development and implementation of the approved
capital plan/budget and day-to-day management of Verdant
engineering priorities. The engineering manager will also be
responsible for process technology at Verdant sites.
- Develop annual capital and maintenance plan and budget.
- In conjunction with Plant Management, develop long range plans,
goals, and objectives for the Company.
- Accountable for the overall management and execution of the
capital plan ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements and
- Develop and drive company KVDs, especially those related to
Engineering and Technology.
- Provide leadership and management to the engineering team to
develop scopes, estimates, design, and procurement deliverables for
construction as per capital plan.
- Manages and coordinates the activities of outside engineering
resources to ensure cost efficient development of front-end
loading, and detailed design engineering plans.
- Responsible for prioritizing projects, resources, and funding
- Coordinate with operations and maintenance to align
construction activities to ensure minimal impact to customers and
- Develops and updates engineering design and equipment
specifications and standards.
- Evaluates and recommends new technologies to enhance safety,
reliability, and performance.
- Observe, adheres to, and enforces all safety policies and
procedures. Participates in plant safety processes.
- Provide leadership and development to the Engineering team to
include training, coaching, goal setting, performance management,
talent development and succession planning
- May be required to perform other duties, as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Chemical
Engineering or other technical degree.
- Experience managing capital programs a must.
- A minimum of 5 years of directly related work experience and at
least one (1) year in a leadership role directly managing
- Technical knowledge and experience involving a wide variety of
chemical process equipment, hardware, and plant operations
- Knowledge of capital project planning and execution
- Ability to conduct feasibility studies, determine manpower,
prepare cost estimates, and develop engineering criteria
- Demonstrated ability to effectively organize and manage
multiple priorities and maintain clear customer focus and
communication as priorities change
- Good leadership and team management skills
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel,
PowerPoint, and MS Project
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Commit to at least 2 days in the Houston office until more
office time is needed.
- Travel 10-20% with the majority of that traveling to Palestine,
- Competitive and comprehensive health, dental and vision
benefits through Cigna.
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Health Savings Account with employer contribution and yearly
roll over (cannot be combined with FSA)
- Health advocacy and services
- Company paid life insurance
- Company paid short term disability insurance
- Paid Vacation and Holidays
- Employee Assistance Program
- Other company paid programs including identity theft
resolution, travel assistance, will preparation, discounts on gym
membership and equipment, massage therapy, nutrition programs and
Keywords: Verdant Specialty Solutions, Inc., Houston , Global Engineering Manager, Engineering , Houston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!