Senior Data Science Engineer
Posted on: September 24, 2022
Company Overview Nabors is a leading provider of advanced
technology for the energy industry. With operations in about 20
countries, Nabors has established a global network of people,
technology and equipment to deploy solutions that deliver safe,
efficient and responsible hydrocarbon production. By leveraging its
core competencies, particularly in drilling, engineering,
automation, data science and manufacturing, Nabors aims to innovate
the future of energy and enable the transition to a lower carbon
world. Nabors is committed to providing equal employment
opportunities to all employees and applicants and prohibiting
discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race,
religion, age, color, sex, national origin, disability status,
genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender
identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by
federal, state or local laws. This applies to all terms and
conditions of employment including recruiting, hiring, placement,
promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of
absence, compensation, and training. To learn more about our Fair
Employment practices, please refer to the Nabors Code of Conduct.
JOB SUMMARY Sr Data Science Engineer will help discover the
information hidden in vast amounts of data and help make smarter
decisions to deliver even better products. The primary focus will
be in applying data mining techniques, doing statistical analysis,
and building high quality prediction systems integrated with
drilling products. The ideal candidate is adept at using large data
sets to find opportunities for product and process optimization and
using models to test the effectiveness of different courses of
action in the drilling and/or oil gas industry. Candidate must have
strong experience using a variety of data mining/data analysis
methods, using a variety of data tools, building and implementing
models, using/creating algorithms and creating/running simulations.
Candidate must have a proven ability to drive business results with
their data-based insights. Candidate must be comfortable working
with a wide range of stakeholders and functional teams. The right
candidate will have a passion for discovering solutions hidden in
large data sets and working with stakeholders to improve business
outcomes. DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work with stakeholders throughout the organization to identify
opportunities for leveraging company data to drive business
- Mine and analyze data from company databases to drive
optimization and improvement of product development and business
- Develop custom data models and algorithms to apply to data
- Use predictive modeling and machine learning algorithms to
optimize business processes and thereby generate revenue for the
- Assess and enhance data collection procedures to include
information that is relevant for building analytic systems
- Doing ad-hoc analysis and presenting results in a clear
- Creating automated anomaly detection systems and constant
tracking of its performance
- Develop company A/B testing framework and test model
- Co-ordinate with different functional teams to implement models
and monitor outcomes.
- Develop processes and tools to monitor and analyze model
performance and data accuracy.Develop applications (programming,
- Ability to multitask and work well independently and in a team
- Ability to generate research ideas MINIMUM
- 6-8 years of experience manipulating data sets and building
Machine Learning models
- Master's or PHD in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science or
another quantitative field, and is familiar with the following
- Coding knowledge and experience with several languages: Python,
- Knowledge and experience in statistical and data mining
techniques: GLM/Regression, Random Forest, Boosting, Trees, text
mining, social network analysis, etc.
- Knowledge of a variety of machine learning techniques
(clustering, decision tree learning, artificial neural networks,
etc.) and their real-world advantages/drawbacks.
- Experience querying databases and using statistical computer
languages: R, Python, etc. o Experience working with Oil and Gas
drilling data and time series data is preferable.
- Experience using web services: REST API, SOAP, WCF etc.
- Experience creating and using advanced machine learning
algorithms and statistics: regression, simulation, scenario
analysis, modeling, clustering, decision trees, neural networks,
- Proficiency using query languages like SQL, Hive etc.
- Experience with distributed data/computing tools: Hadoop, Hive,
Spark, Oracle, MySQL, Cosmos DB, Mongo DB etc.
- Experience visualizing/presenting data for stakeholders using
MicroStrategy, StreamBase, SpotFire, PowerBI etc
- Strong problem solving skills with an emphasis on product
- Experience using statistical computer languages (R, Python,
etc.) to manipulate data and draw insights from large data
- Knowledge of advanced statistical techniques and concepts
(regression, properties of distributions, statistical tests and
proper usage, etc.) and experience with applications.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for
coordinating across teams.
- A drive to learn and master new technologies and techniques.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS / WORKING CONDITIONS
- Office environment
- Occasional travel to rig yards and field
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
frequently required to sit. The employee is occasionally required
to stand, walk and use hands. The employee may occasionally lift
and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by
this job include close vision and distance vision
Keywords: Nabors, Houston , Senior Data Science Engineer, Engineering , Houston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!