Senior Mechanical Engineer
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Weatherford is a leading global energy services company. Our
world-class experts partner with customers to optimize their
resources and realize the full potential of their assets. Across
our operating locations, including manufacturing, research and
development, service, and training facilities, operators choose us
for strategic solutions that add efficiency, flexibility, and
responsibility to any energy operation.
We are focused on technology development, digital solutions, and
defining our footprint in the new energy space. Our ability to
provide integrated solutions across our segments will be critical
to growth in our core operations and the energy transition.
Energy producers face unique challenges every day, so it is our job
to create solutions that enhance safety, streamline operations, and
sustain uptime to meet or exceed their targets. We operate across
the global energy landscape employing some of the best diverse
talent in the industry. At Weatherford, we understand the value
each individual brings to the table. We celebrate diversity in all
its forms and are immensely proud of our workforce. We invite you
to join our passionate, talented, word-class team.
When you join Weatherford, you instantly feel connected to
something bigger - a community that is grounded by our core values
and driven to create innovative solutions for our customers. We
celebrate each other's successes, grow together, and learn from
each other constantly. Individually, we are impressive. Together,
we are unstoppable. We are One Weatherford.
Weatherford offers competitive compensation, a comprehensive
benefits program and provides you a challenging and enriching
career path, with a healthy balance of structure and flexibility to
chart your own course. We are focused on providing a challenging
and enriching career path with a healthy balance of structure and
flexibility to chart your own course. We are an innovative, global
company with wide-ranging opportunities that include
career-enhancing talent rotations. Our structured career paths will
ensure that you know what it takes to build your ideal career at
Weatherford when you join our Company. We also offer a
comprehensive benefits program, including health insurance
coverage, income protection plans, a 401(k) savings plan, Company
paid holidays, and paid time off for vacation.
Weatherford is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions
are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or
ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other
characteristics protected by law.
Responsible for design of new products and makes improvements to
existing products. Performs complex tasks and fulfills broad
responsibilities where required outcomes are defined, but methods
and procedures may vary based on precedent or professional
judgment. Considerable latitude for unreviewed action. Confers with
supervisor on unusual matters. Coordinates the work of others on
projects and may assign work to and assist less experienced
professionals or support staff.
- Performs fundamental engineering tasks within the established
Product Development Process. These tasks include but are not
limited to: strength of material, stress analysis, simple torque,
tension, and compression; simple statics and dynamics; material
selection, cost estimation and tolerance studies.
- Modifies existing products to meet internal or external
- Creates engineering layouts for fit, form and function.
- Prepares calculations and design packages as required to
complete design reviews.
- Prepares, checks and or directs the preparation of detailed
drawings and layouts.
- Coordinates the manufacture of prototypes.
- Conducts experimental test programs.
- Analyses test data to determine if the product meets
predetermined technical specifications.
- Prepares documentation as required for Engineering files.
- Develops experimental test programs.
- Develops new products and services.
- Prevents or eliminates defects in new or existing
- Demonstrates an understanding of fundamental design tools such
as threaded connections, seals, plated surfaces, heat treating,
- Understands the key limitations and advantages to manufacturing
the product in different manners.
- Conducts the analysis of failures and makes
- Performs advanced engineering tasks such as fluid dynamics,
vibrations and burst and collapse analysis.
- May utilize computer driven engineering software to complete
- Coordinates all activities associated with technical
developments, scheduling, budgeting, and resolving engineering
design and test problems.
- Assists others with all engineering activities to include
working within the Product Development Process.
- Anticipates possible failure modes on products and recommends
solutions based on experience.
- Performs comprehensive analysis of critical components to
eliminate possible failure modes.
- Routinely demonstrates the ability to converge on a solution in
a commercially viable amount of time in the absence of extensive
- Work assignments carried out to the highest quality level.
- Performs various other duties and activities as assigned by
senior management within the physical constraints of the job
- Minimum 3-7+ years related experience
- Must have Engineering Degree from ABET accredited school-
Mechanical or Petroleum Engineering degree is preferred
- Experience with Magnus and Downhole Tools is preferred
Keywords: Weatherford, Houston , Senior Mechanical Engineer, Engineering , Houston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!