Safety & Mission Assurance Engineer
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Aegis Aerospace is currently looking for a Safety & Mission
Assurance Engineer to join our team in Houston, TX.
Overview: The Human Health & Performance Contract (HHPC) has an
opportunity for a recent STEM graduate to provide System Safety
Engineering support to NASA's Human Health & Performance
Directorate at Johnson Space Center (JSC) by applying engineering
skills and knowledge within the field of Human Spaceflight
(primarily the International Space Station Program). The Safety
Engineer will use qualitative methods to conduct technical review
of Flight Safety Data Packages, Hazard Reports, and supporting data
in order to assure that Hazards are identified and controlled in
accordance with Programmatic requirements, with a focus on issues
relevant to Health & Medical-related disciplines. Spacecraft
systems under review may be of low, medium, or high complexity. The
selected candidate will identify safety requirement
non-compliances, recommend improvements, and elevate risk. In
addition, the Safety Engineer will represent the company and / or
customer in outside discussions and technical forums while under
the supervision of more seasoned engineer(s). Work is performed
under general administrative and technical supervision and may
entail other duties as required.
Did you know?
Aegis Aerospace has more than 30 years of experience in creating
innovative and practical solutions to fulfill defense and space
We are looking for candidates who are ready to revolutionize the
space and defense industry and pioneer new technological
advancements to safeguard our country.
Are you ready to Innovate, Explore, and Protect?
- Responsible for compliance with Safety, Health and
Environmental Plan; must be committed to a high standard of safety
and be willing and able to comply with all safety laws and all of
the Company's safety policies and rules and must be willing to
report safety violations and potential safety violations to
appropriate supervisory or management personnel.
- Responsible for compliance with the Quality Assurance Plan,
policies, and procedures.
- Must maintain regular and acceptable attendance level as
determined by the Company.
- Responsible for completing all assigned training.
- Review Safety Data Packages, presentations, Hazard Analyses,
and other data that supports the position that the system is
adequately safe for use in manned spaceflight applications
- Provide technical comments and recommendations on Health and
Medical related issues.
- Coordinate with Subject Matter Experts across the Human Health
and Performance Directorate in providing technical reviews of
- Prepare Health and Medical Technical Authority (HMTA) delegates
or their representatives for Safety Panel reviews.
- Support formal Safety Panel Reviews as required.
- Participate in and provide recommendations for Safety Panel
Support task process improvements.
- Collaborate with other Safety Engineers to share knowledge and
improve corporate expertise.
- Bachelor's Degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering, or
Mathematics field plus 0 - 2 years experience
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- PC Skills in Microsoft SharePoint, Excel, PowerPoint, and
- 0-2 years previous experience within NASA and / or JSC
- 0-2 years previous experience in engineering projects for
- 0-2 years previous experience in healthcare, life sciences,
medical, or related fields
- Application of Human Factors considerations in system
- Application of Systems Engineering principles in the Project
- Application of quantitative and / or qualitative Risk
About Aegis Aerospace
We are a woman-owned -space and technology company headquartered in
Houston, TX. - Our primary objective is to support the Department
of Defense and NASA in achieving their missions to defend the
security of our country, reach new heights and to discover the
unknown. We employ some of the brightest, most experienced
engineering and technology experts in the U.S.
To learn more about Aegis Aerospace, visit our website at
Aegis Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity Employer
/M/F/disability/protected veteran employer. - -
COVID-19 Regulations: - As a federal government contractor, Aegis
Aerospace complies with all customer, federal, state, and local
requirements regarding COVID-19. - -Federal agency COVID-19
workplace safety protocols for Federal buildings and Federally
controlled facilities still apply in all locations. Contractor
employees working onsite in those buildings and facilities must
still follow Federal agency workplace safety protocols when working
onsite. This may include providing your vaccination status and
undergoing testing if you are unvaccinated.
Keywords: UNAVAILABLE, Houston , Safety & Mission Assurance Engineer, Engineering , Houston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!