Controls Engineer - Carbon Capture
Posted on: November 26, 2022
- Work with other engineering domains, such as chemical,
mechanical, electrical and Information Technology (IT), to solve
cross-domain problems related to automation equipment and processes
involving the use of sensors, actuators, PLC/DCS, and IT
- Lead the design of control logics, selection and sizing of
sensors, instruments, data acquisition and control system for
conventional or novel carbon capture modules
- Integrate the modular carbon capture control system into the
PLC/DCS/SCADA systems from client facilities
- Prepare engineering documents such as cause and effect, control
narratives, instrument list, control valve list, and etc. to
support the engineering and deployment.
- Analyze domain problems and identify, adapt and develop
technologies from the fields of automated and autonomous systems
and process industrial automation to address them.
- Document and validate automated processes with domain experts
and integrate systems and software, considering qualities such as
security, safety, performance and reliability.
- Support the senior technical team in the creation of a
technical roadmap for advanced technologies stack.
- Liaise between Research and Operations organizations to promote
appropriate decision-making technologies and solutions.
- Support the engineering design team in understanding and
- Provide support and training to the operation teams in either
pilot tests or commercial deployments, conduct troubleshooting and
make continuously improvement to the system
- Support the needs from the R&D, engineering design,
commercialization, and operation teams on the carbon capture
control systems at pilot or plant level
- Connect the real time data from control systems or historians
to cloud based data platform
- Research and implement advanced Process Controllers (APC) to
improve separation process profitability, stability, and safety
- B.S. degrees in chemical engineering, electrical engineering or
relevant disciplines. Graduate degrees are preferred.
- At least 5 years of experiences in process instrument and
- Good knowledge of relevant Industry Standards
- Good knowledge of IIOT systems and data platforms
- Ability to identify and solve problems, and effectively
communicate and advocate for these solutions to others (from
operators to management)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience and good knowledge with gas separation or carbon
capture process will be benefit
SLB is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified
applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age,
disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics
protected by law. Schlumberger is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor -
priority referral Protected Veterans requested.
Keywords: SLB, Houston , Controls Engineer - Carbon Capture, Engineering , Houston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!