Bus Mechanic pay up to $29.77(Incentive pay up to $8,000)
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Basic Function The Bus Mechanic must:
- have a thorough knowledge of components on METRO's revenue
vehicles and their proper function as required for selected job
- show a proficient knowledge and use of test equipment and
specialized tools related to selected classification
- independently diagnose and repair all defects to completion in
a timely manner under the supervision of a Mechanical Foreman.
Perform duties in a safe, efficient manner and in compliance with
all applicable rules and safety procedures. The specific job
classification level will be determined on qualifications and
experience. Responsibilities and Specific Duties
- Performs Preventive Maintenance Inspections (PMI) on revenue
- Inspects and/or test and observe defective equipment to
troubleshoot and diagnose malfunctions of major components and
- Performs diagnosis and repair of air brake systems, suspension,
steering and alignment.
- Proper use and interpretation of laptop computer and related
software. Must be able to read and interpret refrigerant,
hydraulic, and pneumatic pressure gauges and understand the proper
use of battery/ charging system analyzers.
- Services and diagnose electrical systems utilizing test
instruments such as laptop computer, ID Reader/ Writer and able to
read ladder logic charts.
- Assists in the servicing and diagnosing of exhaust
after-treatment systems and electronic engine controls.
- Inspects and verifies dimensions, clearances, and torque of
part fasteners to ensure conformance to factory
- Road tests vehicles when necessary to diagnose malfunctions or
to ensure that they are working properly.
- Completes all required reports and records in a timely and
- Assists in work direction with mechanics as assigned.
- Participates in on-going training in accordance with METRO's
Maintenance Training Program.
- Provides excellent customer service to METRO internal and
- Promotes safety awareness and follows safety procedures in an
effort to reduce or eliminate accidents.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned. Education
Requirement High school diploma or equivalent. Graduation from a
related technical school preferred.Years & Experience Required
Minimum three (3) years mechanical repair experience on automotive,
medium or heavy duty equipment. Automotive Service Excellence
Certificates (ASE) in brakes, steering/ suspension, and/or PMI
preferred. Knowledge & Skills Required A valid Commercial Texas
Driver's License with "P" endorsement is required and must meet
METRO's requirements regarding motor vehicle records. Must obtain
Texas Commercial Driver's License within 90 days of employment. The
ability to drive any Authority owned vehicle. Able to maintain or
obtain additional certification/licenses as required. Possess
complete knowledge of all tools and equipment in shop related to
job classification. Must maintain a basic set of personal hand
tools to perform repairs related to job classification with
exception of specialized tools provided by METRO. Ability to
complete written reports, records and forms. Must be able to speak,
read and write English.Additional Information The Metropolitan
Transit Authority of Harris County, Texas has a zero tolerance drug
and alcohol policy for all employees. All internal and external
applicants will be required to undergo drug testing before
employment and will be subject to further drug and/or alcohol
testing throughout their employment. Further, employees who perform
safety-sensitive functions will submit to drug and/or alcohol
testing in accordance to the Department of Transportation (DOT) and
the Federal Transit Administration (FTA) regulatory requirements.
We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals
regardless of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin,
veteran status, genetic information or disability.
Keywords: METRO, Houston , Bus Mechanic pay up to $29.77(Incentive pay up to $8,000), Engineering , Houston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!