Pipeline Integrity / In-line Inspection Engineer
Company: Kinder Morgan
Posted on: January 26, 2023
Job ResponsibilitiesManage administrative and other aspects of the
in-line inspection (ILI) tool program including but not limited
- Update, maintain Company in-line inspection related procedures
and technical standards for full compliance with Subpart O and
- Perform all routine and regulatory driven and established
corporate group responsibilities related to in-line inspection as
detailed in company in-line inspection related procedures and
standards or as needed.
- Review ILI vendor provided data quality assessment feedback and
determination of acceptance of survey.
- Receive, analyze, and provide feedback on preliminary in-line
inspection data and provide project managers with assistance in
evaluating data as needed.
- Receive and analyze ILI vendor provided final in-line
inspection surveys, perform quality control review, identify, and
communicate immediate and scheduled response conditions to relevant
- Participate in weekly company / ILI service provider
conference, monitor and track commitments and performance of ILI
- Maintain and enforce detailed company customer profile for all
ILI tools with all approved ILI service providers.
- Complete all action plans and closure reports associated with
ILI surveys in compliance with company requirements.
- Evaluate new ILI survey vendor product offerings such as run
comparison services and dent strain assessment services, etc.
- Develop schedule of upcoming year surveys and work and present
to ILI vendor during annual technology meeting.
- Document and track ongoing progress of scheduled ILI surveys,
action plans, closure reports, etc. for compliance with company
- Document and track overall program success by tracking
established ILI vendor performance metrics. Prepare and present
summary of issues during annual technology meetings.
- Maintain database of tool performance versus vendor supplied
- Establish gaps between ILI related industry standards, company
procedures, and ILI vendor processes.
- Interact with various company departments including but not
limited to Risk Engineering, Engineering Records, Project
Management, and field personnel to secure and provide data as
- Provide training and technical support for operations personnel
including but not limited to regional corrosion personnel and field
- Review, edit and provide feedback regarding any proposed
procedure or process variance requests.
- Provide support for other aspects of corrosion and integrity
related programs, processes, and procedures as required.
Educational RequirementsB.S. in Engineering, Science, or related
degree. Applicable industry experience and education may be
considered as an equivalent. Job Requirements
- Ability and willingness to proactively perform all essential
functions of the position including the Job Responsibilities and
Job Requirements listed within this posting.
- Provide clear, concise, timely and effective written and verbal
communication to all internal and external customers with the
discernment to consider the respective roles, knowledge, and
interests of each party.
- Be effective, productive, accountable, motivated, and unified
in in your focus to achieve the mission, goals and objectives of
the group and the company.
- Consistent and proactive identification of process and
procedure gaps and timely application of continual improvements and
- Exploring and implementing new ways to automate manual
- Prioritize tasks, goals, and objectives commensurate with their
relative importance, discern changes in circumstances that would
warrant reprioritization and adapt accordingly to manage multiple
work tasks and changing priorities.
- Contribute to identification of near-term goals and long-term
strategic objectives aimed at improving in-line inspection systems
and processes to assure regulatory compliance, improve program
effectiveness and efficiency and contribute to the success of the
integrity management program and group mission.
- Assure quality, accurate and timely completion of all
individual and group deliverables including completion of all
requirements referenced in related standards, procedures, policies,
goals, objectives, and internal and external customer
- Understand and consistently implement all company technical and
administrative policies, processes, procedures, guidelines and best
- Demonstrate strong analytical and problem solving skills with
logical thought processes including the ability to develop
technically sound, practical and cost effective solutions that
consider implications from multiple perspectives of various
- Ability to effectively organize, plan, prioritize, document,
and complete work independently.
- Work well in a team environment including interaction and
collaboration with management, peers and relevant stakeholders in
an open and positive setting that demonstrates receptiveness to
ideas and appropriate flexibility.
- Receive direction and constructive feedback related to personal
and group performance and respond positively by taking ownership
and implementing tangible positive changes consistent with the
- Strong computer skills including but not limited to advanced
proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel Outlook, and
- Strong focus on safe work practices and active participation in
the safety program.
- Maintain a regular, dependable attendance and high level of
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver's license and driving
record satisfactory to the company and its insurers.
- Strong work ethic
- Willingness to perform duties outside of core responsibilities
- Entry level candidate may be consideredWork Conditions
- Must be willing and able to work in a corporate
- Occasional travel to other field or corporate locations may be
required depending on nature of ongoing work activities.
- Must be willing and able to carry a cell phone and respond as
- Extended periods of sitting may be required for administrative
duties.Preferred Experience, Skills, and Knowledge
- In-line Inspection Data Analysis Experience (Other related
experience will be considered).
- Knowledge of PHMSA Part 192 regulations with detailed knowledge
of Subpart O Pipeline Integrity Regulations.
- Detailed understanding of various methods of pipeline integrity
assessment methods including various types of in-line inspection
tools, pressure testing and direct assessment.
- Knowledge and experience in all phases of corrosion as related
to the pipeline industry including internal, external, and
- Knowledge of general pipeline operations standards, practices,
- Knowledge of non-destructive testing methods.
- Experience evaluating in-line inspection surveys.
- Advanced computer skills.
- Experience with FME or Power PI preferred
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER STATEMENT: We are an Equal Opportunity
Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant
for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin,
religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran,
and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local
Back to top
Keywords: Kinder Morgan, Houston , Pipeline Integrity / In-line Inspection Engineer, Engineering , Houston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!