Mechanic II (Light and Heavy Duty)
Company: City of Houston
Posted on: January 26, 2023
Applications accepted from: ALL PERSONS INTERESTEDDepartment:
-Fleet ManagementDivision: -OperationsReporting Location:
-Various*Workdays & Hours: -Various* (may require working weekends,
holidays and shifts) - - -*Subject to changeDESCRIPTION OF
DUTIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONSThe mission of the Fleet Management
Department is to provide the City of Houston with best value, fleet
management services. -To accomplish Fleet's mission and our vision
of being recognized as the best managed fleet in the country, we
are actively seeking a MECHANIC II who thrives in performing
preventative maintenance, diagnostics, and repairs of moderate
complexity to City vehicles and equipment. -The Mechanic II is a
Tier 1 position and can make an immediate impact and add value
towards the achievement of these goals.The MECHANIC II -will:
- Perform preventative maintenance activities to vehicles and
equipment, including but not limited to oil and filter changes,
servicing of lubricant and fluid levels, component wear inspection,
and systems testing.
- Responds to moderately complex reports of operational/condition
issues with vehicles and equipment. Performs systems testing and
diagnostics to determine cause and course of repair action.
- Replaces failed vehicle and equipment components of moderate
- Rebuilds vehicle and equipment components of moderate
complexity as needed.
- Performs vehicle body and paint repairs of moderate complexity
as well as component upfit and make ready. - Repairs include but
are not limited to body panel shaping, substate preparation,
painting, metal and fiberglass fabrication, welding, body filler
application and component replacement.
- Services vehicles and equipment as needed at garages and at
- Orders parts and updates/completes work orders according to
standard operating procedures.
- Uses tools and equipment such as electronic and mechanical
diagnostic equipment, tire changers, bench grinders, pressure
washers, hoists, jacks, and a variety of hand and power tools.
- Maintains a clean and safe work environment. -Performs
housekeeping duties. -Observes environmental and hazardous material
procedures. -Works safely and follows all safety procedures. -
- Stays current on new technology.
- Must furnish own hand tools.WORKING CONDITIONSThere are routine
exposures to significant levels of heat, cold moisture, air
pollution, chemical gases, and substances. The position may involve
periodic exposure to chemical substances and physical trauma of a
minor nature such as cuts, bruises, and minor burns. The position
involves considerable physical exertion, such as regular climbing
of ladders, lifting of heavy objects (up to 80 pounds) on a highly
frequent basis and/or assuming awkward positions for long periods
Keywords: City of Houston, Houston , Mechanic II (Light and Heavy Duty), Engineering , Houston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!