R&D Electrical Engineer (Senior - Advisor)
Posted on: January 28, 2023
We are looking for the right people - people who want to
innovate, achieve, grow, and lead. We attract and retain the best
talent by investing in our employees and empowering them to develop
themselves and their careers. We foster a work environment that's
inclusive as well as diverse, where our people can be themselves.
Experience the challenges, rewards, and opportunity of working for
one of the world's largest providers of products and services to
the global energy industry.
This opening is for a position in the technology department of
Sperry Drilling which is a Halliburton PSL (Product Service Line).
Sperry has a complete line of downhole tools for drilling and
logging while drilling (LWD) that are designed to withstand the
most extreme drilling environments while still making laboratory
- The candidate will participate in developing and sustaining of
electronics used in Sperry downhole tools.
- Candidate will work under the guidance of electrical
engineering leads but will be expected to work independently on
electrical engineering tasks such as analog and digital circuit
design, circuit analysis and characterization, testing, and
- Candidate will be expected to participate in characterization,
qualification, modeling, analysis, design, testing,
troubleshooting, documentation, and design reviews for new and
existing electronics designs
- Additional responsibilities include periodic reporting of
planned and completed development activities, providing estimated
completion dates, and prompt reporting of issues.
- This includes communication with different groups including
project management, immediate supervisor, electrical and software
groups, and other team members, etc.
- Experience with analog and digital circuit design and
- Understanding of common analog circuit building
blocks/components (amplifiers, filters, LDO, feedback circuits,
switches / MOSFETs, transformers, inductors, etc....)
- Experience with sensor acquisition systems circuit design and
- Understanding of common acquisition system terminology and
requirements: SNR, common mode, noise analysis, accuracy,
precision, resolution, band width, range, sample rate, aliasing,
- Understanding of common data acquisition systems building
blocks and components (analog to digital converters, DAC's,
microprocessors, DSP, FPGA's, Flash, etc....).
- Understanding of digital communication circuits and
- Understanding of power supply circuits and control
- Experience with using standard electronics lab equipment
including multimeters, Oscilloscopes, Spectrum analyzers, Network
analyzers, Impedance analyzers, power supplies, and function
- Experience with troubleshooting and system debugging.
- Experience using Python and Matlab programming and ability to
develop scripts for automated testing and data analysis.
- Experience with high voltage design and testing is plus.
- Requires a minimum degree of BS in Electrical Engineering.
- Advanced degree in Electrical Engineering preferred
- At least 4 years of relevant work experience
Candidates having qualifications that exceed the minimum job
requirements will receive consideration for higher-level roles give
(1) their experience, (2) additional job requirements, and/or (3)
business needs. Depending on education, experience, and skill
level, a variety of job opportunities might be available from the
Senior Electrical Engineer, Principal Electrical Engineer up to the
Advisor Electrical Engineer Halliburton is an Equal Opportunity
Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race,
color, religion, disability, genetic information, pregnancy,
citizenship, marital status, sex/gender, sexual preference/
orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, national origin,
or any other status protected by law or regulation.
3000 N. Sam Houston Parkway E., Houston, Texas, 77032, United
Requisition Number: 173178
Experience Level: Experienced Hire
Job Family: Engineering/Science/Technology
Product Service Line: Sperry Drilling Svcs
Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
Additional Locations for this position:
Keywords: Halliburton, Houston , R&D Electrical Engineer (Senior - Advisor), Engineering , Houston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!