Optical Navigation Engineer (ADV00048W) RE2-J
Company: Aerodyne Industries
Posted on: March 19, 2023
Job Description: Aerodyne Industries is a dynamic, rapidly growing engineering and information technology services firm headquarteredon Florida's exciting Space Coast. With locations throughout the US, we take pride in delivering small business agility with large corporation capabilities. Our list of clients count on us to prepare NASA's Missionsto the Moon and Mars andto defendour nation supporting the Missile Defense Agency and Department of Defense. Join the adventure of a lifetime by becoming a teammate with Aerodyne Industries and work on projects that will define our future.
The selected applicant will:
- Design, develop, and integrate optical navigation systems into the integrated GN&C system for NASA spacecraft
- Perform analysis and testing in an integrated GN&C environment
- Formally document the results of all design and analysis activities
- Perform other duties as required
Job Requirements: Requisition Qualifications:
This position has been posted at multiple levels. Depending on the candidate's experience, requirements, and business needs, we reserve the right to consider candidates at any level for which this position has been advertised.
- A Bachelor's degree in Engineering from an ABET accredited engineering school and a minimum of five (5) years of related engineering experience, or a Master's degree from an accredited engineering school and four (4) years of related engineering experience, or Ph.D. from an accredited engineering school and zero (0) years of related experience.
- Skills and experience should include:
- Expertise with real-time image processing, feature extraction, camera hardware experience and navigation filtering.
- Graduate level coursework and/or in-depth knowledge of:- Linear and non-linear state estimation theory
- Linear analysis
- Numerical methods
- Familiarity with relative navigation concepts
- Knowledge in the design, analysis, and implementation of navigation algorithms
- Knowledge of spacecraft avionics systems
- Experience with spacecraft simulation modeling and analysis of integrated GN&C systems
- Experience programming in C/C++ and knowledge of Matlab/Simulink
- The proven ability to solve complex total GN&C system and simulation problems
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work in a team environment consisting of NASA civil servants and various contractor employees
- Minimum of an MS in Aerospace, Mechanical, or Electrical Engineering
- Knowledge of inertial sensors
- Familiarity with covariance analysis
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status .
This position is eligible for Level 2 Employee Referral Award Program - To complete the referral form please follow the link below or scan the QR code:
Location: Johnson Space Center - Houston, TX 77058 US (Primary)
Clearance Required: None
Education: Bachelor's Degree
Career Level: Mid Level Career 5+ years
Date Needed By:
Job Type: Full-time
Keywords: Aerodyne Industries, Houston , Optical Navigation Engineer (ADV00048W) RE2-J, Engineering , Houston, Texas
here to apply!