Company: PEMEX Deer Park Refinery
Location: Deer Park
Posted on: March 19, 2023
ACCOUNTABILITIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Has the primary responsibility for execution of Capital (and Expense) Projects from front-end development (Identity, Assess, Select, & Define phases) to detailed design and construction (Execute phase) including procurement, cost control and schedule management.
2. Accountable for delivering projects safely.
3. Manages simultaneous projects with competing priorities in various phases on a wide variety of manufacturing processes in the refining and/or chemical complex.
4. Develops project scopes in collaboration with operations, process engineering and discipline representatives.
5. Accountable for ensuring the proper technical authority approves the design including the appropriate technical authority of equipment specification and drawings.
6. Oversees engineering execution utilizing either on-site design staff or local Engineering companies.
7. Responsible for coordination with external Technical resources regarding Project Assurance and Technical Assurance activities (where applicable).
8. Works with the Project Controls department to develop project cost estimates and schedules for each phase and for final funding.
9. Accountable for meeting project cost and schedule requirements and providing accurate forecasting.
10. Works with site and procurement to develop/implement a procurement strategy for each project.
11 Works with environmental to ensure permitting strategy/compliance.
12. Assists with the development of equipment and material bid specification, bid evaluation and selection.
13. Works with IPA (external auditors) to review and score projects against the specified criteria at multiple phases depending on the size/complexity of the project.
14. Accountable for working with construction and ensuring proper construction management plans in place.
15. Coordinates personnel and Contractors to assure that field activities are completed safely, on time, within budget and in accordance with the design requirements.
16. Sets the expectations for construction contractors by spending time in the field.
17. Assist with mechanical start-up plans and procedures, provides technical support during start-up, support training activities and assures documentation and knowledge transfer.
18. Provides appropriate files to maintenance and operations for record keeping.
19. Creates or assembles all documents for project closure.
20. Works with the project Controls department to close project financial accounts.
21. Has the ability to follow the plant change MOC process to execute higher complexity changes initiated by the production teams and produce project deliverables that align with risk and Project Delivery Procedure intent.
JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
Keywords: PEMEX Deer Park Refinery, Houston , Project Engineer, Engineering , Deer Park, Texas
here to apply!