Supreme Integrated Technology - Mechanical Engineer II
Company: Employee Owned Holdings
Posted on: March 19, 2023
Supreme Integrated Technology is looking for candidates who want
to take the next step in their career to join our 100% employee
owned company. SIT's engineering expertise transforms ideas into
success for hydraulic and electric powered moveable structures. SIT
specializes in custom systems and projects, making every project
unique and offering the opportunity to solve challenge problems for
customers. Our projects are typically for marine, oil & gas,
defense, civil (movable bridges) and industrial power unit
applications. We pride ourselves on a culture of teamwork - because
we are a smaller company you have opportunity to be involved in
every aspect of a project and make an impact from start to finish.
This position is accountable for researching, planning, and
preparing accurate and efficient detailed drawings of hydraulic
parts and assemblies using computer aided design (CAD) equipment in
accordance with established manual and CAD procedures to
communicate engineering ideas, designs, and information.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Assist Production Engineering Manager with drawings.
- Work independently on small and medium projects, require
supervision for only more complex problems.
- Confident and capable handling client communications.
- Competent in system troubleshooting and problem-solving during
testing and commissioning.
- Independent in specifying components, sourcing, and finding
alternative products to meet project deadlines or customer
- Responsible for assisting and mentoring entry level engineers
with onboarding and new responsibilities.
- Assist Sales Department with calculations, sizing and
- Prepare Shop Manufacturing drawings.
- Prepare layouts and various drawings of parts and assemblies
using conventional and limited CAD techniques and a working
knowledge of the terms and procedures requiring the use of
mathematical formulas to compute weights, dimensions, quantities of
- Make final sketches checking dimensions of parts, materials to
be used, relationships of one part to another, and relationship of
various parts to whole structure or project.
- Research required information from technical guides.
- Work from sketches, customer drawings, actual visual review,
and verbal information supplied by an engineer or designer and
determine the appropriate views, detail drawings, and supplementary
information needed to complete assignments.
- Prepare charts and graphs including flow charts, uv-graphs,
tables, technical illustrations, and paste up work to depict parts
for clarity and dimensional purposes.
- Participate in on-going product improvement/cost
- Research and analyze data such as customer design proposal,
specifications, and manuals to determine feasibility of design or
- Direct and coordinate fabrication and installation activities
to ensure products and systems conform to engineering design and
- Design products and systems to interface machines, hardware,
- Evaluate tooling and recommend design modifications to
eliminate production downtime.
- Train less experienced CAD operators as required.
- Support and participate in the organization's continual
improvement program to conform to ISO 9001 and understand the
implications of not complying with the quality management
- Other duties as assigned. Requirements Education and Experience
--- Bachelors' degree in Mechanical Engineering from an ABET
University. --- IFPS Hydraulic Specialist Certification a plus.
- 2-6 years of experience in engineering.
- Experience working in an ISO 9001 environment a plus. Knowledge
- Ability to create and interpret Hydraulic Schematics.
- Knowledge of hydraulic fluid conveyance systems, hydraulic
assembly and testing.
- In-depth knowledge of symbols and drafting techniques.
- Software proficiencies include AutoCAD, Solidworks, Microsoft
Word, Microsoft Excel, and Microsoft Outlook.
- Ability to efficiently operate CAD workstations requiring the
use of a personal computer and drafting and design software -
including mechanical drawings and plotting devices.
- Ability to make sketches checking dimensions of parts,
materials to be used, relationships of one part to another, and
relationships of various parts to the whole structure of the
- Ability to interact positively with all levels of
- Ability to work under pressure of schedules.
- Fluency in verbal and written English language.
- Ability to communicate clearly with all types of
- Ability to read, interpret and comprehend technical and legal
specifications, reports and procedures.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to
questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of
measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to perform engineering design calculations.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of
situations where limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in
written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. Ability to formulate and
document a high level plan with input from many functional groups.
Benefits We offer a competitive salary and benefits package,
including medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance,
and 401(k) plans with company match. A unique benefit SIT offers as
part of Employee Owned Holdings, Inc. is an employee stock
What is an ESOP? ESOP is a special retirement program that allows
employees to own stock in the company. When you join EOHI, you
automatically begin investing in your future (without having to
purchase shares). We are a high growth company committed to
training our employee owners to develop their skills and advance in
- Studies also show that retirement account balances for ESOP
companies are 2.5 times higher.
- ESOP companies grow 2.5 times faster than those companies
without employee ownership.
- Research shows employee owned companies are superior in
performance, employee benefits and employee morale because everyone
is working towards a common goal.
Keywords: Employee Owned Holdings, Houston , Supreme Integrated Technology - Mechanical Engineer II, Engineering , Houston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...