Company: Champion Technology Services, Inc.
Posted on: March 20, 2023
The Automation Engineer II ensures successful completion of both
company and client objectives at the project level. The primary
focus of Automation Engineer II is to contribute to and lead
quality design, development, installation and fulfillment of
processes and systems utilized for project execution.
Primary Job Functions
- Design and development of automation systems unassisted or
within a team.
- Tests, troubleshoots, and provides solutions for technical
problems with minimal assistance.
- Contributes to project design, development, testing,
installation, commissioning, project closure and
- Contributes to and capable of leading the following project
- Project Kickoff
- System Design / Procurement
- Programming / Configuration
- SAT / Commissioning
- Close-out Documentation
- Interfaces with the client / vendor on project technical
- Contributes to overall compliance and quality of
- Manages time and expenses within allotted project
- Contributes to project scope and budget development.
- Provides project level support and client service.
Secondary Job Functions:
- Ability to fulfill the role of Automation Engineer I.
- Maintains awareness of future opportunities at client
facilities and informs management.
- Builds rapport, mentors and manages effective teams and work
groups. Strong decision making skills, situational awareness and
ability to perform under pressure.
- Understands others and demonstrates cognitive and behavioral
flexibility. (Emotional Intelligence)
- Demonstrates and fosters maturity in judgment, ethics and
- Business/Financial acumen.
- High level of conflict resolution skills and the willingness to
make difficult decisions specific to technology or resource
- Possesses an appreciation of business demands (schedule, scope,
budget and client requirements).
- Ability to analyze and evaluate work processes, work flow and
budgets to maintain successful project delivery.
- Demonstrates effective organizational, time management and
- Demonstrates flexibility/adaptability in changing and
- Demonstrates a passion for the business and its
- Clear and concise verbal and written communication.
- Demonstrates a focus on c service and attention to
- Demonstrates a commitment to continuous personal, peer and
- Fosters positive energy, creativity and teamwork across all
departments/locations with the goal of furthering the company
values and to support the company mission.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering and preferred 2 years of
Automation or Controls related experience (includes relevant intern
- Proficient with multiple automation system platforms including
DCS, PLC, HMI, SCADA and other applicable systems.
- Knowledge of multiple industry standards (ISA, NFPA, NEC).
- Ability to obtain ISA Certified Automation Professional (CAP -)
- Valid driver's license.
- Reliable personal transportation with valid liability
- Fluent in verbal and written English.
- Available for after-hour, weekend and holidays.
- Available for overnight and extended travel.
- Ability to bend, stoop, crawl, walk and push, pull or lift
50+lbs for an extended period.
Keywords: Champion Technology Services, Inc., Houston , Automation Engineer, Engineering , Houston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...