ICS Security Engineer
Posted on: March 20, 2023
We are currently seeking a self-motivated person to join the Rig
Technologies team. The successful candidate will work directly with
technical leaders across the digital products group in the
selection, deployment, and validation of cybersecurity controls to
reduce exposure and ensure security and compliance requirements are
maintained. The position also entails analyzing our product groups'
network designs and software implementations as specified for our
customer's requirements. This position will ensure that controls
are relevant, properly documented, and maintained for associated
products and services. Responsibilities:
- Collaborate internally and externally with business
organizations to create solutions meeting our customer needs while
minimizing Cyber security risks.
- Guide technical leaders and business functions on OT network
architecture, Compliance, and security-related matters.
- Develop, document, and execute cybersecurity execution plans
- Triage and address security alerts reported by OT security
- Continually develop OT vulnerability and remediation capability
to drive faster patching and mitigation cycles
- Evaluate and make recommendations to continuously improve the
cybersecurity posture of digital products.
- Analyze network designs and software implementation
- Proactively identify risks and active threats to the OT
systems, and applications
- Perform incident response tasks including evidence
preservation, forensics, and malware/exploit analysis
- Participate in developing and implementing new products to
ensure the design and functionality required to support security
- Develop and maintain cyber security technical documentation and
- Conduct OT security workshops and awareness training sessions
- Perform other work-related tasks as assigned.
- Comply with all NOV Company and HSE policies and procedures.
- Bachelor's degree in Information Security (IS) or Information
Assurance (IA) or related field.
- Location: 10353 Richmond Ave., Houston TX 77042.
- Hybrid schedule (3 days in the office and 2 days remote
- Security or OT-related certifications are strongly desired.
CISSP, CISA, CISM, CRISC, and/or other information security-related
certifications also a plus.
- 3 years of work experience in information security or
- Knowledge of design, deployment, and assessment of DCS/SCADA
- Experience with PLCs (Allen Bradley, Siemens, Wago), Embedded
Windows, Embedded Linux, and RTOS control systems.
- Experience with industrial network protocols such as Modbus,
PROFINET, OPC, EtherCAT.
- Experience with Windows Servers, Linux/UNIX, enterprise
anti-virus, endpoint security, application whitelisting
technologies, SIEM, logging configurations, IDS/IPS, authentication
methods, TCP/IP, packet capture, and analysis
- Familiar with OT/ICS cybersecurity relevant accreditation such
as ISA/IEC 62443, NIST
- Familiar with IT-related ISO/IEC 27000, OWASP top 10, CSA, and
DoD Risk Frameworks.
- Knowledge of network infrastructure, including routers,
switches, firewalls, and the associated network protocols and
- Experience in organizing or leading the security and risk
assessment will be preferred
- Demonstrated ability to apply IT-related knowledge and
experience in product compliance issues.
- Ability to communicate effectively with various levels of
technical expertise or non-expertise (written, verbal, presentation
- Organized and detail-oriented, able to work well under
deadlines in a changing environment and complete multiple projects
effectively and concurrently.
Keywords: NOV, Houston , ICS Security Engineer, Engineering , Houston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...